Mauler25

Apr 28, 2016
Texarkana
Detector(s) used
Whites detector for 20 years ,

AT Pro Garrett - 2 weeks old
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought my AT PRO several months ago and I used a whites metal detector for several years and had good sucess with it, but I get very frustrated on ground balancing and am I ground balanced? I've read the manual a hundred times and i dont like that feeling of am i missing something underneath the ground. Is there any suggestions or am I just over reacting to this. I have found several good items but i just get frustrated. Any tips someone might share with me. I'm also going to the beach this weekend and want to use my AT pro but I've been reading all this mess about make sure its balanced on wet sand, dry sand,...... Help

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as a rule the at is exceptionally easy to ground balance.the most common mistake is not finding a clean spot of ground to balance it.I recomend turning it on..pro mode zero..no added iron descrim and find clean ground.then hold down gb button while pumping coil from about a foot high to two inches high untill almost silent.then manually lower the gb number by 5.this set up has proved to be very capable for me.
I live and hunt in high mts above 7000 ft.and highly mineralised...usually end up around 91.

Your machine balances very well,follow above tips and hunt with confidence.Gb often to maximise performance and always when going from dry to damp then wet salt sand.also in high mineralised areas when you drop into any kind of drainage as the drainage will concentrate the black sands and require a higher setting.

have fun !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread