What's new

Which Detector???

SorenCoins

Full Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2015
Messages
214
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Parker, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go Find 60, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, this is my first post on treasure net and I was looking at metal detectors to buy. I have had many detectors and I basically have a museum of 3, or now 4, detectors that do not work. My Sharp Shooter II just randomly keeps beeping and I found out that where the cord attaches to the box, it is cracked to the chord isn't in all the way so I keep getting random signals. Which is worst timing because in two weeks in going meteorite hunting in Las Vegas. I was wondering what detector I should get for detecting in general. I did a lot of research on good, affordable detectors in stores near me. I can not decide between (1) Lone Star Pro, (2) Discovery 3300, or (3) Ace 250.
Im really thinking Discovery 3300 because I had the Elite 2200 and it was the best one I have had yet. By the way im 12 and I love coins, science, and treasure hunting
 
Greetings, and welcome to Tnet. :hello:

We have several different posts of this sort each week, which means there are literally hundreds of threads with countless advice and recommendations. Until more folks wake up and start posting, here's a recent thread from someone looking for a detector under $400. It's a good read.

Guess it'd help if I posted the darn link! :tongue3:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/504864-best-detector-under-400-a.html
 
Check with our MOD JeffofPA, he has a Fisher F19 that is new, he won it and has it up for sale on ebay. It is a good machine, new with warranty and way below normal price...
 
Since you are experienced with bounty hunters, I'd get the Land Ranger Pro, it has many of the bells and whistles that are offered by other manufacturers at a premium price. I loved my Fisher F4, it's similar to the 3300 you mentioned. I am a big fan of the DD coil which come stock on the LRP and the F4. I see a couple slightly used LRPs on line for under $300. Whatever you decide on, I'd make sure there are optional coils that are compatible. If your hunting low target density areas, you want a large coil, trashy areas require a small coil. I had an LRP, but sold it to a friend who really wanted one and I already had my preferred detector (the flagship of the Fisher line (the F75 LTD SE upgraded). I'd rather be great at one detector than good using 2.

All Manufacturers have good machines in your price range, you just need to decide what options you need for the hunting and style you do. Here in Ohio you can get away with a preset ground balance, but in highly mineralized soils you need the ability to ground grab or manually ground balance.

GL & HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom