What's new

Athletic Skunk

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
I go jogging every night on the local high school track. It is pretty dark out there but I spotted the white tail of a skunk, jogging in lane 8(I was in lane 3). I was hesitant about passing him out, because it might frighten him into giving me a squirt. I couldn't keep up the slow pace, so I took a chance and ignored him,passing him out.
That skunk ran on the track nearly a quarter mile. This happened last week,the evening before I picked up my eight boxes. I'm not superstitious, but I was wondering if this was a sign of things to come.
As it turned out I didn't do great on my boxes, but didn't skunk out either.

Last night there he is again, jogging on the track. Very strange.
HH
Rich
 
Upvote 0
Rich Hartford said:
I go jogging every night on the local high school track. It is pretty dark out there but I spotted the white tail of a skunk, jogging in lane 8(I was in lane 3). I was hesitant about passing him out, because it might frighten him into giving me a squirt. I couldn't keep up the slow pace, so I took a chance and ignored him,passing him out.
That skunk ran on the track nearly a quarter mile. This happened last week,the evening before I picked up my eight boxes. I'm not superstitious, but I was wondering if this was a sign of things to come.
As it turned out I didn't do great on my boxes, but didn't skunk out either.

Last night there he is again, jogging on the track. Very strange.
HH
Rich
If he is there next week turn around and RUN!
 
Obe,
It's cold and raining tonight so I'm going to skip it. I thought it might be rabid. It was very bizarre watching him on that track. Always stayed in the same lane too.
 
Rich Hartford said:
Obe,
It's cold and raining tonight so I'm going to skip it. I thought it might be rabid. It was very bizarre watching him on that track. Always stayed in the same lane too.
That's why I said run, it is not normal for a skunk to be doing that- for you to try to run by him a third time may be pushing it way too far. I've shot them B4 around my house, have burnt them in Bonfire to make sure nothing else ate on them too; have had lots of Rabies in my area, 2 skunks found last month that were rabid.
 
Mr. Hartford,
Mr. Obediah is correct--this is highly unusual for a skunk. We have tons where I live in Texas (plus snakes--creepy!). Most shy away from a human environment. Lots of folks round here keep cats as they keep skunks away. At least this is the experiences I have had as I live in a semi-rural community, but my parents live on a farm in a rural community.

As far as luck--yep, it could be a sign that this is your "skunk" and you will never see another one again--in your boxes!

Smile, Apush :read2:
 
Rich - I have had skunks before as pets and used to have on that lived under the house. we would see it go to the road every night - searching for food. It is easier for them to "spot" possible food on pavement vs runting thru the grass. Frogs, grasshoppers, earthworms are all a part of their diet. Since you didn't get spayed (or should I say skunked) that me be a good omen and passing the skunk may mean that the skunks are behind you. Good luck in your future boxes.
 
He may have been a pet or tamed somewhat. Ny old man would feed any critter that would come. Used to get over a dozen racoons on the deck looking for food. I would come home drunk not carting about them and they wouldnt care about me.
 
Rich,
He may have smelled you from your "Windbreaker" incident at the bank the other week. Were you wearing the same pants?
riileyboy
 
rileyboy said:
Rich,
He may have smelled you from your "Windbreaker" incident at the bank the other week. Were you wearing the same pants?
riileyboy

He was out there again last night waiting to ambush me with his tail in the air. I had to speed up fast and cut my run short by 2 laps.
I'm going to pig out on some baked beans, cabbage and broccoli. Get him before he gets me.
HH
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom