What's new

Atomizer

kuger

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
9,732
Reaction score
2,803
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks.I know what these are(they are atomizers off of leather flasks...Gunpowder&shot)but I cant remember what this style is called.They came up on here way back.Any pics???
 

Attachments

  • gunpowder atomizer 002.webp
    gunpowder atomizer 002.webp
    66.1 KB · Views: 357
Closes I could find online Kuger.Not the same spout type but are mid-to-late 1800's.Wish I could help you more. I must had missed the post you speak of.Neat finds. :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • !CCYtwn!CGk~$(KGrHqEOKpQE0UEDTEztBNK7,Cv8Jw~~_12[1].webp
    !CCYtwn!CGk~$(KGrHqEOKpQE0UEDTEztBNK7,Cv8Jw~~_12[1].webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 310
  • englishshot1[1].webp
    englishshot1[1].webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 313
  • shotholm2[1].webp
    shotholm2[1].webp
    6 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0
Irish style shot chargers. Mid to late 1800's is dead on. They are off a set of bag flasks worn around the neck to equalize weight. Could have been one for shot, and one for powder, as loading in equal volume was a common rule of thumb, also the measuring plunger looks slightly different on one compared to the other. The leather portion would have been similar in style to timekillers top most picture. Cool relics from the heyday of muzzle loading shotgun. Just for interest sake, here is a pic of mine..an 1846 14ga. by Blissett of London, which I hunt with regularly. Pic was taken last October. Nice find!
Elee
 

Attachments

  • Blissett and woodcock2.webp
    Blissett and woodcock2.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0
Thanks guys!!

T.C.I have the ones you posted as complete examples,the ones Elee posted were what I was looking for!Thanks again guys!!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
elee said:
Irish style shot chargers. Mid to late 1800's is dead on. They are off a set of bag flasks worn around the neck to equalize weight. Could have been one for shot, and one for powder, as loading in equal volume was a common rule of thumb, also the measuring plunger looks slightly different on one compared to the other. The leather portion would have been similar in style to timekillers top most picture. Cool relics from the heyday of muzzle loading shotgun. Just for interest sake, here is a pic of mine..an 1846 14ga. by Blissett of London, which I hunt with regularly. Pic was taken last October. Nice find!
Elee
That is a fine looking weapon! Never shot BP shotguns before. I have an old Damascus barrel 10 gauge that has been in the family awhile. I keep meaning to shoot it, but havent found the time to get the equipment needed and some instruction.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Gunny71! It is a great old shotgun...cased, all accessories, in near perfect condition. Your 10 ga. sounds interesting. What maker? English, American, Belgian? I would love to see pics. PLEASE have it thoroughly looked over by a competent gunsmith before you touch her off! Old damascus shotguns are a fascinating game..but most you run across have been rid hard and put away wet. If you send me sharp clear pics of the action, breech, muzzles, all you can get, I can at least tell you if it is worthwhile spending the $$$ to have a smith check it out. Some are valued family pieces..but only suitable for display. They are alot tougher than most give them credit for, but I would sure as hell tie it to an old tire and hide behind a tree with a string on the trigger for the first shots, even after a gunsmith's OK! Thanks for the post..
Elee
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Elee, Ill get it out tommorow morning and snap a couple of pics and PM them to you. It is a Greener, and was deemed safe by a smith 20 years ago or so.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks! Greeners were top notch guns...I look forward to your pics!
Elee
 
Upvote 0
.
 

Attachments

  • snake.webp
    snake.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 191
Upvote 0
Thanks again guys!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom