Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Any of you guys with the AT pro attach a brass oring or something so you can let the AT pro swing by ur side when in the water? Trying to come up with an idea to attach AT pro to belt when at the Lakes or beaches so I can let go of it to dig/scoop. I have previously attached my whites pi df by adding a brass oring to arm cuff and attaching brass swivel clips to small length of rope.

skip_a_loo

Apr 11, 2013
Newton, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Up Graded to...GTP at Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
try using a control dog leash..this way it will float close to you not off in the distance 8-).. put a nice heavy duty clip on it and clip it to your bag (LoL)

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Clip to belt.

P6216931.jpg

ivanll

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At a lake I don't think you would have to worry as there is
no current to take it away from you right? I mean just watch the girl in this video..

I can see securing it at the beach though for sure...

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yea, I way watched that video last night. She just throws it in the water. I have the waterproof head phones. I dont want to put a lot of stress on the headphone cable.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Nice scoop, is it a Stealth?...I'm shopping for good one like yours...

Sand Scoop by STAVR.......Detector: CSI-Pro by Garrett .....Headphones by Garrett with volume control ......Coil: Hunter by NEL.

ivanll

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the name of the scoop....This is what I plan to use when in the water, it's 3 feet long, elastic and good for 5 pounds...It's called and elastic tool landyard.....

100_0535.JPG

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those all look like good choices. Even a bungee cord should work to keep it close in the ocean. I generally use the arm strap loosened, and keep my arm in the strap when I need two hands to scoop, but I like the tether idea better!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those all look like good choices. Even a bungee cord should work to keep it close in the ocean. I generally use the arm strap loosened, and keep my arm in the strap when I need two hands to scoop, but I like the tether idea better!

Wayne

Thats a great tip Wayne, I like that better than the landyard...whats your recommendations on long handle scoops for inland fresh water lakes the biggest lake would be
Lake Superior.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For lakes with gravel rocks or clay bottom, , you need a stainless tip or stainless scoop. The full stainless scoops can be heavy, so I use a long handle aluminum with a stainless tip. Weight is about 3.5 lbs compared to 5.5-6.5 for the full stainless.

Wayne

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have a look over at amazon for scuba gear, tethers. All kinds of stuff there. Also the guys that work construction at high altitudes have all kinds of stuff they use so they don't drop wrenches and kill people!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions