What's new

Attempted Ring Recovery

IHC656

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2023
Messages
345
Reaction score
1,961
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While searching for relics on what was my Great Grandparents x3 farm. I had a guy pull up and ask if I’d be willing to find his wedding ring he had lost 2 years ago on the road edge of where I was detecting. I accepted his challenge. His replacement ring he said was the same metal as the one he lost. And rang up around 65 on my Garrett 400. Unfortunately shredded beer cans come up very close to this as well. Being on the road side I dug a lot of aluminum cans that where hit by lawnmower’s.
I been avoiding the road edge until now. No ring but found an old buckle cover and possibly pewter button. Small disc, I doubt it’s a coin.
I’ll try again later for the ring.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4878.webp
    IMG_4878.webp
    278.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4875.webp
    IMG_4875.webp
    595.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4877.webp
    IMG_4877.webp
    458.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4872.webp
    IMG_4872.webp
    291.3 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 8
I have found most people really are off on where they think they lost there rings
 
I have found most people really are off on where they think they lost there rings
Well this is my first ring recovery attempt and I am beginning to think he didn’t exactly remember where he was.
Going to go further down the road and try to find it.
Thanks for your experienced observation.
 
Good luck in your attemp's when you check your rings id's be sure to check them on edge also. When rings fall in the grass a lot of times they stay on edge and not fall flat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom