Attention Corsicana cache hunters

Lastleg, I tried to find what you were speaking of in Treasure leads, but all I found was a story about a Canyon in Nevada. It was a good story but not related to Corsicana. How do you locate the spefic thread you are speaking of?

A treasure hunt has been going on in Rural Shade for more than 75 years. Two caches of gold coins are supposedly buried under wild pink rose bushes. Rural Shade is at the dead end of Farm Road 635, on the Trinity River in the southeastern-most part of Navarro County, and east of Corsicana. The coins were buried by one Washington Ingram, a prosperous farmer and rancher who distrusted banks and paper money who settled there about 1850.
Ingram secretly buried three caches of gold coins around his headquarters near the Wildcat Crossing of the Trinity River. He was always "fixing to tell his family" where the money was hidden, so it was said, but he had not gotten around to it when he died suddenly at age 90.
Soon after his death his family dug up one cache of the coins (the amount of this find is not known), but they never could find the other two. The amount of money Ingram buried is unknown, but it must have been consider-able since he was prosperous and lived so long. If a treasure hunter with a metal detector could locate the old home site, his chances of finding the other two caches are good.

21st: Keep scrolling down to the one that starts with "Ingram"
lastleg

my wifes father was raised in rural shade.we went down there years ago before i had a detector the old one room schoolhouse was still standing then.went back last year and it was torn down.they still have a reunion there either in june or july every year.my father in-law called it panther crossing but i don't know where it is i wanted to hunt the area before i knew of this tale.

I just came back from the Cayuga area as this is where my family is. The old school house you are referring to is Science Hill and it wasn't too far from Wild Cat Crossing. Last week we had 7 inches of rain in our rain gauge and we were searching for another cache. This area is rich in Treasure Lore especially around Wild Cat Crossing and all the way over to Cherokee County. Now would be the time to be looking in that area after the amount of rain we just had. Good luck on your search.

See you there.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back