What's new

ATTIC FIND! Summer - Winter flask with a poison label !

DiggerDave in Pa.

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
499
Reaction score
126
Golden Thread
0
Location
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
I recently received permisson to hunt the attic of an old building in town. This brick building was built as a church in 1828 and used until 1845 when a new building was built. It was turned into a duplex pretty early on. The upstairs bedrooms have a curve in the ceiling on one side. This curve area in the attic was a natural collecting spot for wood, dirt broken glass, letters and bottles. I found a couple labeled local bottles and a painted iron match safe with an eagle on the two pockets. I was happy with what I had found and this bottle came out. It is my first attic found historical flask and it has a cool looking label to top it off. It is a pint bottle that is not pontiled but has a wierd circle spot in the center. There are more spots to hunt in the attic so i will hope for the best. I will post pics of the other stuff I found later. I am just so happy and I wanted to show you all. Thanks for looking! DDinPA. MVC-361F.webpMVC-362F.webpMVC-363F.webpMVC-364F.webpMVC-365F.webp
 
Upvote 22
bottle1.gif
Nice find DiggerDave in Pa.!
 
Very nice find, I would think there maybe more goodies yet to be found. Also can you post a pic of the match safe?
ZDD
 
Boy I like that bottle never saw one like that before and that match safe sounds pretty cool to.keep us posted on the finds.
 
I've never seen that bottle before ! I think it is a really good bottle !!! I'm no expert but I'm thinking it's 1850'-1870 ' Just a hunch ,
and I think it is an exciting find ! I can't wait to see what else you may find up there (I'd go thru that thing with a fine tooth comb !)
 
That's an awesome bottle! Great find. I wonder what kind of poison was in it?
 
do you sell, or collect your bottles that you find?
 
Summer -winter whiskey flask!!Nothing better than attic glass:headbang: Cant wait 2 see it cleaned up !! What color are we looking at ,aqua?=ED
 
Great Bottle Is that dirt on it or is it lite purple?
 
That label looks like it was cut out ,maybe the guy had a hang over and that was to remind him lol .what color??=ED
 
Congrats, that's a hell of a nice flask DiggerDave even if it did miss the punty boy by a bit. Great color, attic mint, cool label and cork. Please post some more pics of that awesome flask.
 
Here are some pics of the attic finds. The flask is aqua and in great condition but has a little cloudyness inside. This is the best attic hunt I have ever had. Thanks for looking! DD. bell.webpinks.webplabeled meds.webpmatch safe.webpmatch safe2.webpsummer bird.webpwinter bird.webp
 
very nice finds!
 
Do a Google image search on "GX15 Summer Winter flask". You'll see others. Values vary widely depending on year and condition. Nice find!

DCMatt
 
Swweeeertttt. I found an old bell similar.
 

Attachments

  • image-649766860.webp
    image-649766860.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 122
Hey digger Digger Dave , what is that beautiful green frame with the eagles ?- that is beautiful ! I've dug loads of those medicine
bottles and castor oil bottles - but never with a label ! great finds !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom