ATTIC FIND! Summer - Winter flask with a poison label !

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
I recently received permisson to hunt the attic of an old building in town. This brick building was built as a church in 1828 and used until 1845 when a new building was built. It was turned into a duplex pretty early on. The upstairs bedrooms have a curve in the ceiling on one side. This curve area in the attic was a natural collecting spot for wood, dirt broken glass, letters and bottles. I found a couple labeled local bottles and a painted iron match safe with an eagle on the two pockets. I was happy with what I had found and this bottle came out. It is my first attic found historical flask and it has a cool looking label to top it off. It is a pint bottle that is not pontiled but has a wierd circle spot in the center. There are more spots to hunt in the attic so i will hope for the best. I will post pics of the other stuff I found later. I am just so happy and I wanted to show you all. Thanks for looking! DDinPA. MVC-361F.JPG MVC-362F.JPG MVC-363F.JPG MVC-364F.JPG MVC-365F.JPG

Upvote 11

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find, I would think there maybe more goodies yet to be found. Also can you post a pic of the match safe?
ZDD

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy I like that bottle never saw one like that before and that match safe sounds pretty cool to.keep us posted on the finds.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen that bottle before ! I think it is a really good bottle !!! I'm no expert but I'm thinking it's 1850'-1870 ' Just a hunch ,
and I think it is an exciting find ! I can't wait to see what else you may find up there (I'd go thru that thing with a fine tooth comb !)

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome bottle! Great find. I wonder what kind of poison was in it?

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summer -winter whiskey flask!!Nothing better than attic glass:headbang: Cant wait 2 see it cleaned up !! What color are we looking at ,aqua?=ED

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That label looks like it was cut out ,maybe the guy had a hang over and that was to remind him lol .what color??=ED

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats, that's a hell of a nice flask DiggerDave even if it did miss the punty boy by a bit. Great color, attic mint, cool label and cork. Please post some more pics of that awesome flask.

OP
OP
DiggerDave in Pa.

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Here are some pics of the attic finds. The flask is aqua and in great condition but has a little cloudyness inside. This is the best attic hunt I have ever had. Thanks for looking! DD. bell.JPG inks.JPG labeled meds.JPG match safe.JPG match safe2.JPG summer bird.JPG winter bird.JPG

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do a Google image search on "GX15 Summer Winter flask". You'll see others. Values vary widely depending on year and condition. Nice find!

DCMatt

deb55

Apr 11, 2013
Swweeeertttt. I found an old bell similar.

Attachments

• image-649766860.jpg
    image-649766860.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 95

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey digger Digger Dave , what is that beautiful green frame with the eagles ?- that is beautiful ! I've dug loads of those medicine
bottles and castor oil bottles - but never with a label ! great finds !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread