flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well got out and had a good time haven't been out as much as I would like lately , wouldn't say I did great but gave it hell:laughing7:. The best coin was a 1952 wheat and about $8.25 in clad. I did find a MANOIL car and a MIDGE car but I had fun that's all that matters but some sliver would have been nice, also found a paper dollar don't know if that counts, my buddy said it didn't:BangHead:.

Attachments

• finds for Aug 17.jpg
    finds for Aug 17.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Aug 17 finds 2.jpg
    Aug 17 finds 2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Pink Car.jpg
    Pink Car.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 71
  • August 19 clad $7.25.jpg
    August 19 clad $7.25.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 85
  • MIDGE car.jpg
    MIDGE car.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 1952 D wheat.PNG
    1952 D wheat.PNG
    241.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
A nice day out is all any of us can really ask for. As far as your buddy goes, of course the dollar counts, next time he finds one I bet the rules will change:laughing7:. I like the midget car and eight and a quarter is not bad either. Have a good hunt.

Having fun is what it's about. I enjoy going detecting with friends and family. If I get some decent coins it's a bonus.

It's just like a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

To me MDing is just like fishing, only it is less messy. Fish cleaning (usually)
You get the same excitement when you get a hit on the MD as you do when there is a nibble on the line.
Just like fishing, in MDing you are always after the "Big One" or trying to recreate that moment you had the "Big One".
Plus in MDing you only need to get one or two rings and it paid for all your equiptment.
Not many fish caught that will pay off the loan on the boat and forall the gas used.

But don't get me wrong, I still do like to go fishing. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
Great hunt and finds :thumbsup: I really like finding them old diecast toy cars like that. I've never found a Manoil like that one.

Heck of a hunt,paper counts! Looks of that haul another dollar in change would have been last straw for truck springs. (Kidding,i,m kidding). Cars always cool. Pierced piece lower right made of?

Nice score on the Wheat! Congrats on the clad $$ - BTW - yes, the paper dollar counts in my book.

Nice digs. Love the old cars. Yes, paper counts....beats digging 100 zincolns. :icon_thumleft:

It's just like a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

I always say that a bad day of MDing is still better than a good day of cleaning toilets. :tongue3: :laughing7:

HH

I like the cars too. $8 in one hunt is never a bad thing and the Dollar does count because it all spends in the end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back