What's new

Aug. J. Jecier Bottle

jgas

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
3,826
Reaction score
2,753
Golden Thread
1
Location
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I found a bottle today that is embossed with Aug. J. Jecier South Bend Ind. Its clear glass and is 7oz. Looks kinda like a soda pop bottle. Just wondering the age of this thing or who this guy was. I will try to get a pic posted soon. Thanks for the help. :wink: jgas
 
did you look if there is a Number on the Bottom ?
(2 Digit Bottle Date)
 
The only thing on the bottom Jeff is the initials of the maker.. AJJ That's it...On a side note, we went back with a longer probe and found "The Real Pit." We found around 86 intact bottles of various design and embossing. A mason jar dated Patent of Nov. 30th 1858..So I think we are in the right place. I will post a pic of all of these finds soon..Man is the one a fun dig for my first real Privy dig. Thanks again for any insite into this bottle and any further I may post in the future. jgas
 
Did some research and figured this one out. It was August J. Jegier, not Jecier. He was a bottle maker in the area in the late 1800's.. :thumbsup: jgas
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom