What's new

August 2009 totals.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Pretty good month.

12 to 15 boxes of Halves / 50 Cent Coins a week and thosands in 10 Cent coins (Dimes), 5 Cent coins (Nickles), 25 Cent coins (Quarters) and Cent's (Pennies) All in all over $40,000 in coins searched.

I did 1) 7 hour road trip and a dozen 2 hr. local road trips as well as my regular box orders and bag pick up's throughout the month of August. I wanted to have better results that last month.

The 7 Hr. road trip produced nearly 180 keepers. and I pulled 2 solid 40% rolls on another short trip.

The mentionable totals.

56 Wheaties
7 War Nickles 1 dateless Buffalo & 1 1939S Jefferson & 2 Canadian George's
31 Silver Rosie's & 1 Canadian George
2 Silver Washington Quarter's
41 90%'s... 50 Cent coins. 2 Walkers 9 Ben Franklins & 30 64's
376 40%'s... 50 Cent coins. 32 69's, 122 68's, 111 67's, 70 66's & 41 65's
9 Proof's 3 87 NIFC's 1 82 no FG
13 1976 type II Ike Dollars and 2 1972P type 2 Ike's

Mojo

P.S. You are looking at a whole lot of effort here, this spread represents well over 80 hours of work.
 

Attachments

  • august2009.webp
    august2009.webp
    50 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 0
more
 

Attachments

  • dimes.webp
    dimes.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 190
  • nickles.webp
    nickles.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 184
  • wl.webp
    wl.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 76t2ikes.webp
    76t2ikes.webp
    58 KB · Views: 193
  • foriegn.webp
    foriegn.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 185
Ah, you count hours>? Great haul !!! I think you guys in the northern/border states tend to do better over all than some of the others (with the exception of Ark), but that is just what I tend to be seeing. I really appreciate learning from your experience. Thanks
 
Have done 3 road trips (RT's) just to do them, yes got Silver but it became clear unless you get lucky alot simply eat into profits & consume alota time so I determined NOT to do them except when on a trip for another purpose will hit Banks as can' One road trip to a Town Banks 18 miles from my home that did work out good was a combo of purposes unrelated to CRH'in & did produced 62 ounces- 419 customer rolled halves for me.

Do take 270 mile trip twice month tweenst Tn & Mo so do do RT's while on unrelated travel, but it has not even come close to my Box finds of late- think best RT finds total was maybe 60 or so %40's or less for most part, and some have been fruitless trips too.

Oh the wife found another dump bank along I-55 in Ark yesterday the teller said many people stop there every day asking for halves; guess it being right along Interstate makes it a prime target of the Silver carpetbaggers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom