What's new

Australia treasure hunt recommendations

Treasurist

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 31, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Australia
Detector(s) used
None yet
Hi !
I was wondering if you had any treasure hunt recommendations in Australia as I am living there until September and was looking for adventures :)
I am new to the hobby :)
 
Are you going to be using a metal detector for this?
 
If I was in Australia I would be hunting for gold nuggets in country or beach detecting the wet sand and beaches. Don't think I would detect in the water very deep there, too many sharks.
 
Are you going to be using a metal detector for this?
Thanks for your reply !
Why not to be honest. But I've never tried and I would have to buy one there and I don't know how much it costs. I've seen part of a documentary about gold seekers there but don't know if there are clubs for would-be hunters. If you have any recommendations I'm interested
 
If I was in Australia I would be hunting for gold nuggets in country or beach detecting the wet sand and beaches. Don't think I would detect in the water very deep there, too many sharks.
Yeah, too bad, I have a course for the PADI license next week. If you have any tools, clubs or place recommendations to start with I'm happy to hear them :)
 
Yeah, too bad, I have a course for the PADI license next week. If you have any tools, clubs or place recommendations to start with I'm happy to hear them :)
I would look there to see if someone could help you or teach you. Lot of gold nuggets in Australia.

Not sure what your budget is, a good Gold detector that also works well on wet salt sand will run $600 to $1000+.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom