IMG_5255.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5257.jpeg
    IMG_5257.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    327.8 KB · Views: 46
I'd think it was suspect because no evidence of working on the back side. Maybe it's just worked on that one side as a modern day repro to show what the actual artifact would have looked like? I'm not familiar with that culture. Hang on, there's some guys on here that can nail down the ID for you.

They are called uniface, uniface artifacts are only worked on one side. It would be uniface arrowhead.

They are called uniface, uniface artifacts are only worked on one side. It would be uniface arrowhead

Ohhh okay thank you! It’s from a very reputable source from the uk but I thought I’d put it on here! So hopefully it’s authentic:)

Ohhh okay thank you! It’s from a very reputable source from the uk but I thought I’d put it on here! So hopefully it’s authentic:)
It looks authentic from the pictures. Some do sell fake as in recently made, so have to he careful buying them.

Around 10-20 yrs ago a lot of arrowheads were coming out of N Africa. They were being shipped to the US in barrels!! Evidently there are places in the desert where the sand blows out exposing thousands of them. Most that I saw were much smaller true arrow points. They are so common in some areas the locals have no interest in them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back