Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
On our beaches of central Florida, I've found that manual works best for me.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you are hunting my beaches, please go auto so that I can find all of the stuff you missed by not going manual:) Yesterday my machine recommended 14 and I was on 26 without even a little bit of noise. But normally I can go 4-7+ whatever auto recommends.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I start in auto for a few minutes and see where the machine goes. Then I switch to manual as far as I can without chatter. Sometimes I switch between manual back to auto when I find a target as the ID can get wonky when running hot.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with Beerguy - the CTX does well with Auto, but you will find more deeper with Manual - Even in fresh water you will notice a large difference.

OP
OP
S

Stuarbuckle

Nov 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great advice. Typically my reccomended is around 14 or less. I've been runnin in ground coin or high trash. I noticed I can get a lot higher sensitivity in high trash than ground coin in manual, and even more if I turn saltwater on. I'm guessing with saltwater on it ignores the chattier frequencies so in a sense you'd be getting less depth with that checked? Thanks guys!

OP
OP
S

Stuarbuckle

Nov 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone here's got to know why ground coin is so much more unstable at the same manual sensitivity settings as the other seperation modes?!

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not looked at it but I would imagine ground coin mode is more open. Compare the disc of the two.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that there is less filtering going on in ground coin, that's why it's noisier. That's also why it's recommended for areas with higher mineralization where signals from deeper targets could end up getting filtered out along with the ground noise.

OP
OP
S

Stuarbuckle

Nov 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes sense! I've been running hot in manual ground coin and just dealing with the ground noise with really good results. It is literally a difference of 4 or so inches compared to auto +3. This machine really gets down there if a guy push's it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread