"Awesome Civ in the pock!"

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've spent time the last two days detecting and using other methods of treasure retrieval at five old houses in town here. Our borough bought the lots intending to raze the structures and put in a parking lot; I've been given permission to do what I do on the property. Yesterday, I got a very nice signal under a pretty big stone slab; at the time, I didn't have the means to lift it and retrieve the item in question. This morning, I brought along a mattock, pried up the slab, supported it (you didn't think it would hover, did you?) and reached for what I hoped would be a coin. I'm a coin guy, the older the better. The silverer, the better:tongue3:. The target was an inch deep, once the slab was lifted, so I gently broke the soil and pulled dirt out by hand. My target turned out to be this three ringer I've heard so much about! My brother, who is a Civil War buff, identified it on Facebook as .57 caliber. I weighed it and it's slightly more than an ounce. I've seen the Diggers do multiple cartwheels over these things but I just don't have that kind of body anymore!

Attachments

• civ.jpg
    civ.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 8

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other

flashyace

Sep 26, 2013
southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Congrats!! Found my first 1 yesterday, though you could tell mine had clearly hit something as the front was slightly flatned..... keep up the good work

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions