What's new

Awesome high grade wheat stash found

Shake-N-Bake

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
647
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hello Everyone,
I decided to visit a few banks today before my 50 boxes come in tomorow to see what I could dig up. Well I stopped at the same bank that I hit the mother load of War nickels last week. The woman who brought in the nickels brought in pennies over the weekend. Every roll was old wrappers and was solid Wheats. The bad side was that all of them seem to be in the 40's and 50's. The GREAT side of it is that every coin is in AU or BU condition. As you can tell by the pictures there is some very high grade MS-65 Red coins here. Needless to say I left my number at the bank and let them know to call me if this woman or any other old coins show-up.

I ended up getting 17 solid Wheat rolls = 850 Wheats :hello2:

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
Upvote 0
Sorry forgot to add the Pics. LOL!!!
 

Attachments

  • 10-5-2009coinfinds1.webp
    10-5-2009coinfinds1.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 546
  • 10-5-2009coinfinds2.webp
    10-5-2009coinfinds2.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 529
Jason,

You are the "LJ" of pennies and nickels. You have found so many hoards and caches that it is astounding!

Great job man. AGAIN.

John
 
That is awesome and got to be worth a pretty penny. :laughing7:

Golden Silver
 
great find. congrats. :hello2:
 
jrf30 said:
Jason,

You are the "LJ" of pennies and nickels. You have found so many hoards and caches that it is astounding!

Great job man. AGAIN.

John

Well Thank You! I just wish I could find a stash of 600 silver dimes ;D

I will keep looking, hopefully this woman will bring in the silver dimes, quarters, and halves tomorrow.

golden silver said:
That is awesome and got to be worth a pretty penny. :laughing7:

Golden Silver

Yes it is worth... Well I dont know about a pretty penny, unfortunetely this isnt much of a premuim for high grade 1950's wheat pennies, but I still love them.

they are great to find stashes like this :thumbsup:

Jason
 
Shake - that is one fun find. Can't wait to see if you get her silver.
 
Nice score!! I sure hope she brings in a bunch of halves and those annoying large dollar coins! Congrats!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Verrryyy Cool!
Congrats!!
 
Congrats. Searching pennys is a very hard work

DW
 
thats one hell of a find. those are real beauties.i'd love to have a whole bunch of holes filled with those reds. :thumbsup:
 
Just amazing!

I'm waiting for my score like either of your recent ones. I'm patient, I'll wait as long as it takes.

Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom