What's new

Awesome hunt at an Indian Wars Army Camp in Nebraska! First seated, bugle mouthpiece

jagchaser

Full Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
133
Reaction score
201
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030, XP Deus, Gold Bug 2, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20161102_114833_1478231239537.webp
My first seated!
20161103_105517_1478231238866.webp
Bugle mouthpiece! Probably my best find for the trip. Im super excited about this one piece and not exactly sure why! lol
14225519_10206235479080876_8756819721920012368_n.webp
Piles of casings, and 4 intact misfired 45-70 from a trapdoor springfield!
14890550_10206236484466010_3770172717797856385_o.webp
Gilded Infantry Eagle Button
14947598_10206228628229609_1978567144396246619_n.webp
14908175_10206235479040875_6283389701823369403_n.webp
Ended up with 14 Eagle buttons, lots of misc....
14908163_10206235695766293_3548508504644747035_n.webp
UMC headstamp from the very first shotgun shell UMC every marketed. Entirely brass, it was sold unloaded.
 
Upvote 56
Awesome assortment,and a really sweet seated there,
 
What a great hunt, that's an excellent bunch of finds. You must be on a real hotspot because you got a bit of everything. Nice job cleaning that button!

It really is a hotspot! I don't really want to say much about the spot because it might be too easy to pinpoint. I will say that the current owner bought it relatively recently from his uncle. Its been in the family for a century at least and nobody had been allowed to hunt or metal detect until now. Ive got an older neighbor who has detected all the old sites. He has tried to detect it for decades, now he wants me to take him since I have an "in". Ive decided, if he offers to take me to his honey hole ghost town in CO then I will take him here. :)
 
Awesome assortment,and a really sweet seated there,

I couldn't believe it popped out that nice either! The site was abandon only a couple years after 1877 so it was dang near new when it was dropped.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom