Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out Saturday afternoon looking to get on a new spot. There's an old farm that has been cut up over the years between new roads and development. A house built in the 40's sits on 20 acres in front of where an older house that burned down used to sit. I knocked on the door and I was given permission to look all around the place. I was told some great history of the old farm and how vast that it used to be before all the progress. My main focus was the big yard and it started out great with the first signal being my first Civil War carbine sling tip known as a batwing. This was a good sign that the yard hasn't been picked clean as I was told lots of guys have pulled relics out over the years. Over the next couple hours the big front yard kept producing nice coins and relics. I dug some nice CW lead along with another first with the ring tailed sharps bullet. I got a nickel trifecta with a shield, V and buffalo along with 2 Indians. The hunt was coming to an end as it was getting dark, I worked over to the far edge, got a nice signal and dug a cool 1910 Mitchell Wagon Factory Good Luck token that's in great shape. I worked my way back to the truck and within just a few feet I dug a deep signal that produced another old token with a weird looking wheel on the back. After I got home and cleaned it up I figured out it's an 1858 George Washington Perpetual Calendar. A neat piece that I imagine would have been carried by a soldier to keep up with the days. This was an awesome hunt with some great first! I was told to come back anytime so I did last night and had another epic hunt of first! I will make a separate post for that. HH-DaIvid

UL51DWw.jpg fS7KYPe.jpg

W3hE1zf.jpg Zf6uUkH.jpg

bmZMBy1.jpg 5BkKoY7.jpg

jVqTdKf.jpg

Upvote 31
First these and then coins!!! Thinking you have yourself a summer spot that will keep ya busy for a while!! Keep them coming!!! :icon_thumleft:

Nice variety! Looks like a great spot. More, more more!

Congrats on the very interesting finds...love the Good Luck token! :occasion14:

I wouldn’t leave that spot just yet. Nice bunch of saves. Congrats

A nice token and all the other finds too
Permissions seem to pay off Glad you got a new honey hole there not easy to find around here anyway Well done

Great hunt Bud! Congratulations!

Nice hunt! Congrats on all your nice finds.

First these and then coins!!! Thinking you have yourself a summer spot that will keep ya busy for a while!! Keep them coming!!! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks man! I hope the rest of the place produces like the yard has so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back