Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to detect in the woods today since everything will be blooming soon, before the weeds become too thick for detecting.

Hunt was at least five hours today, and not a lot of targets unless you count shotgun shells, old Shell butts from paper style shotgun shells, probably dug up 25 to 30. Found some horse tack rings, small buckles, ox shoe, Square nails and other pieces of mis-shaped time. The first three decent high tones I had today was two memorials and a dime from the 1980s. Finally a pretty deep target and it up being 5 to 6 inches reading a 93/94 on the DEUS.

At first I was disappointed, I thought it was a wheat penny because there was so much dirt encrusted on the coin I slowly push some off and I saw the "one dime" on the reverse, thought it might be a Barber. I then dabbed it with some spit and saw it was a seated liberty. I left it alone at that point and rinsed it with some pond water later on. I was stunned by the condition the coin was in, it must not have been in circulation for very long when it was lost.

Amazing how one coin can make all the difference in a hunt. Enjoy the photos and happy hunting!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491695087.705829.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491695189.808992.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491695208.840081.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491695225.098817.jpg

Upvote 37
Incredible condition.
I'm really happy for you.
You are definitely getting quality targets.
Did you find the dime before or after you found that golf club.. LMAO
( That's a variety 2,, Large stars on obverse, , no drapery on elbow, tilted shield)

Well pal...... I didn't post to my second find that apparently I've been carrying in my backpack since mid-January.

ATW invited me on one of his hunts with his friend Jay, ATW un-earthed a iron golf club, not the shaft, just the club, like a nine iron. Well I can only assume during a break I must have left my backpack unattended, well ATW stuck it in a pocket in my backpack and I've been carrying that extra weight around with me since January. Only reason why I found it today, I was looking for a freaking napkin a blow my nose........ thanks pal... remember payback is a Bi@&$ !!!

Whoa congrats on such a stunning Seated, you must be thrilled!

That one is a beauty, in amazing condition- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Gorgeous early seated !

Shes one in a million girl. Why would I lie?

Very nice. Congradulations!

Very nice. Congratulations!

HUGE CONGRATS!!!! Still looking for my first seated coin........going on 3 years now!

Very nice crisp seated dime
Congrats

Gorgeous seated dime!! Congrats

Congrats on pulling that seated DD. :occasion14: It's been over 3 years since I pulled one.

Lucky! Congratulations on a really beautiful early one! I've been digging 3 years and I'm still dying for my first Seated. Yours is amazing!

It's really nice, we don't see them nice that often. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back