What's new

Axe head

Cobradude22

Full Member
Joined
May 11, 2018
Messages
201
Reaction score
1,153
Golden Thread
0
Location
Crawfordsville, IN
Detector(s) used
Manticore, Garrett Ace 400, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to the new location today, two wheats, some maple tags, old axe head, and a copper cow tag numbered 79.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1383.webp
    IMG_1383.webp
    4.9 MB · Views: 117
Upvote 45
Possibly a Maine pattern axe head.
Very nice!

IMG_4353.webp

I’ve found a lot of this item. I always get a different answer as to its purpose.
 
Possibly a Maine pattern axe head.
Very nice!

View attachment 2203119
I’ve found a lot of this item. I always get a different answer as to its purpose.
Is it Zinc , Pewter , or Lead ? I have found similar Zinc pieces like that ( usually a half of a rounded piece ) ?.
 
Some decent finds :)
 
Love finding hammers and ax heads. Sweet hunt.
 

Attachments

  • ax heads.webp
    ax heads.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom