What's new

Axes: post yours

lostlake88

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
642
Reaction score
62
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
This is a recent edition of mine. 10" 9lbs. It's huge, it reminds me of..well..nevermind. I bought this from Robert Houge and he bought it for $75 in 1993 at a freekin yard sale in Illinois. I don't have that kind of luck.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3635.webp
    IMG_3635.webp
    896.7 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0
heres my big boy, use first pic for size reference. personally found the one next to the pop can, but look how teeny it looks next to my lunker of a axe

Thats a nice personally found axe.
 
Personal find from Rhode Island
 

Attachments

  • 023.webp
    023.webp
    210.7 KB · Views: 99
...another from Rhode Island
 

Attachments

  • 049.webp
    049.webp
    256 KB · Views: 115
Here is the only stone axe that I have found so far. From Hampshire County, Massachusetts. Found Sunday, 4/21/13.
ax1.webpax2.webpax3.webpax4.webpax5.webpDSCN2649.webpDSCN2650.webp
 
Sure is a great looking stone, i was left boxes and boxes of old axes, stone pipes,birdstones, gorgets, and other items. bone tools, bannerstones.. Some of them would be museum quality.. but I only found 1 myself and that was an accident while deer hunting.some items have writing on them but most were given to my grandfather during the depression for food.. he ran a general store in Indiana.. i havnt posted any since i was not the finder.. thanks for sharing













i
 
Post em. Would love to see them even though your not the finder.
 
Insitu of a ax I found last month.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20130319_101437.webp
    IMG_20130319_101437.webp
    120 KB · Views: 86

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom