AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dnt know if u got my 1st reply. R U familiar with the new GPAA claim there? I've driven to it three times. but can't find a way to actually 'drive' onto it. I have a Keene gold wheel, Falcon md20, and a fullsize 4x4 to pull a couple atv's on a trailer, if u might be interested in an outing. Joe

A person on here that goes by the username of sgtfda has been to the claim and is the treasurer for the phoenix chapter of the gpaa. Send him an PM, or maybe he can chime in here. I will pm and let him know this discussion is going on. He has been there twice. And he told me my truck might make it, but it would be slow.

Mine is a 2 wheel toyota truck. I live out this way.
About 9 miles from there. But have not been there.

PMed him and asked if he would stop in here and post for you guys.
I will see if he will give me better directions. There where 2 other guys that have been there.Look through this thread and ask them also.

Last edited:

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dnt know if u got my 1st reply. R U familiar with the new GPAA claim there? I've driven to it three times. but can't find a way to actually 'drive' onto it.
I have a Keene gold wheel, Falcon md20, and a fullsize 4x4 to pull a couple atv's on a trailer, if u might be interested in an outing.
Joe

GarretDiggingAz should be able to help you out. He has been there several times. I was a passenger on one trip, but was not navigating so I did not remember every turn and intersection.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got an answer back from him, he said the road goes right to the claim. But you would have to walk every where else you want to go.
The road stops right at the border. Most all of it you cant even run a quad through the claim, let alone a truck.

Best to get a hold of garrettdiggingaz also. If you guys get a hold of each other and decide to go out. Send me a PM and I will see if I can tag along and meet you at Queen Creek.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the place I accessed it you could definitely run a quad up the wash right to the se border and then some. The main trail going to it stops on the other side of a small hill.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So quad only for a ways and foot the rest? No truck on the claim then.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how far you could get with a quad but the main wash is fairly passable. I was literally on he claim for about 30 min before we had to turn back. Definitely too narrow for a truck

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
About that outback #4 claim

You can take a road up to the nw side of the claim but not up to it exactly. The wash is off the claim. The markers I couldn't find but I went up the hill to the sw corner and walked to where the area was for nw corner.
Definitely a hard trip up the hill. I'd only drywash or detect it. I left my detector in the truck. Since I was only thinking it was a short walk to nw corner. I'm definitely going to go back. I found some spots to inspect.
Other results of the trip are. No gold came of it. Not that it's not there. You know you see a great spot and think there's something. Then you find nothing.
I'd like to know if the ne and SE corners are on the mountain top. I'd love to do that hike, but I know there's no way I could climb it.
Maybe I'll do a quick day trip this weekend.
What I need is a vacuum though.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The se corner marker is at the base or the butte that looks like a mini weavers needle. Not too bad to get to. I didnt have time to investigate further.

There may be gold there and a few ditches that look mineral rich. The main wash doesn't look promising however that says nothing about what's near bedrock.

I would like to know if anyone has ever actually pulled gold out of this area

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually got three specks out of the wash. Tried other spots and went to bedrock. Zip.

It's a good hike up that hill. Loose gravel and fairly steep at spots. Definitely an area where you'd have to watch out for your step. I haven't pulled up the history yet. I believe that it's 40 acres. Then there's only one road I know of to get back there. I was thinking about doing a camp out. Especially since it's so rugged. As far as minerals. I'd bet it'd be a better copper area than gold. But gold does hang around copper as a byproduct. I did find some quartz but very little. Then of course I only checked the west portion. Still got more to go. Besides the scenery is awesome. I love the area. Gold would be a side perk. Though it's my main goal.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I finally got my motor on my vac running.
Now to see if I can get the blower on the lid sealed tight enough to work good.
I also have a Goldmaster V/Sat.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I finally got my motor on my vac running.
Now to see if I can get the blower on the lid sealed tight enough to work good.
I also have a Goldmaster V/Sat.

Is that that old craftsman?

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes it is. Put a new fuel filter with a little bigger line, and opened up the jet another 1/4 turn.
Runs good but the suction was not good so I removed the top and am thinking of redoing it.
With a cutting board or wood spacer for a tighter fit.

Or get an Echo motor, and do a new one, and use this Craftsman for a drywasher. Just as a blower.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good deal. Never hurts to have a backup

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes it is. Put a new fuel filter with a little bigger line, and opened up the jet another 1/4 turn.
Runs good but the suction was not good so I removed the top and am thinking of redoing it.
With a cutting board or wood spacer for a tighter fit.

Or get an Echo motor, and do a new one, and use this Craftsman for a drywasher. Just as a blower.

Can you post a pic of that? I used to use an old Craftsman on my dry washer and vacuum.

Last edited:

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here it is.
As you can see the bottom is not flat, so it is not easy to get a great seal. Because of the round exhaust tube on the front.

CAM00207.jpg CAM00206.jpg

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes that is the same blower I had. I took a couple of the closed cell foam kneepads that they sell in garden centers and cut gaskets out of them and placed them on the bottom. I used several so that they were squished together when you tightened the blower down. I used a plywood disk on top of the bucket lid held in place with another wooden disk on the bottom screwed together through the plastic of the lid with construction adhesive for good measure. I cut a hole in the middle of this sandwich to accommodate the air intake on the blower. I drilled 4 holes in the plastic housing taking care to clear all the inner mechanical parts. And used 4 long bolts with washers and double nuts to hold the blower to the lids while making sure that the plastic housing was not deformed, but that the bolts were tight enough to squish down the homemade foam gaskets. Finally I sealed all around it with spray foam sealant. So starting from the top the sandwich was like this: blower, gasket, gasket, wood disk, construction adhesive, bucket lid, construction adhesive, wood disk. I forgot to mention that the four holes for the bolts through the plastic housing need to go through the lid sandwich as well. You must take care not to impede the pull cord with spray foam or it will not rebound back after you pull on it. It is the location of the pull cord that proved the greatest challenge to me and I always had a little leakage around it. But my drywasher and vacuum worked great until my blower died.

I am free pretty much all the time, except when I am out with Garret so I can help you out if I have confused you. Just message me here or give me a call. I will send you my number in a private message.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well all. Greaterville trip is coming up. I'll be meeting Jeff up there Monday evening, unless I'm going to get too late a start. I'd hate to take a wrong turn up there. Lol.
So staying till Wednesday. If others want to come along I'd be happy to lead the way. If not this trip. I'll be heading back towards Stanton two weeks from now. Unless I go next week.
I do have another spot I want to hit, but it's sure hard to go elsewhere when I know a good location. Plus others were working the spot, so I'm going to really tackle that area while the visitors are gone.
PM me if interested on going out. My trip days will be Thursday/Friday. Doing pools weekly now so weekends will be out till it cools down again. It's bittersweet. More money and work, less prospecting time. Ughhhhh!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions