www.veerjewelsgift.com
Thank you for all that info!!That might be precious metal, so a good find if that's the case. Often they're silver, plated in gold.
I'm surprised you couldn't find a similar one. There are loads of suppliers, with multiple variations in design. Just one example here:
Veer Jewels 999 Purity Silver Gold Plated Bal Gopal Oval Coin 20 Gm
www.veerjewelsgift.com
That supplier refers to it as a 'coin', and so do many of the others, but it's a religious pocket piece known as Bala Gopala charm. The term Bala Gopala (also Bala Krishna) refers to the boyhood form of the Hindu deity Krishna, and the worship of Krishna as a divine child was historically one of the early forms of worship in Krishnaism.
Thank you for all that info!!...
Have seen variations but nothing identical even with Google lens search, nothing even remotely close as a whole but still looking.
I saw the ones from silver/gold plated are usually added in some way. I did find a similar shaped "coin" which was also marked AVI on it made from silver tho...
Makes much more sense now, thank you. I saw the inscription on other items but none said what it was, I guess it's an item for people that know what it is.You're welcome.
It’s probably unrealistic to expect to find an exact match for a modern item with so many possibilities for the maker and even more design variations. They all serve the same essential purpose though, as talismans, totems or devotional items. I presume the ‘AVI’ initials are either for the maker or the die engraver, but don’t ring any bells.
If you’re bothered that you can’t find one with those same symbols on the other side, that’s really of no consequence. They’re in Sanskrit and represent the sacred sound ‘om’ (also ‘aum’), used as a mantra or invocation in Hinduism. The written representation is one of their most important religious symbols and widely seen on items like this. Here it is on another piece:
View attachment 2114365
View attachment 2114367