Back the truck up

CapitalT

Sep 16, 2014
Travis County Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[ ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421748674.104413.jpg ATTACH]1108336[/ATTACH]

Been catchn alot of doubts from people that refuse to look.. folks I am trying to reconnect with.. some absolute denials have come from pickers.. !?!
Twilight zone... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421751932.813591.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421751955.200041.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421751997.737316.jpg View attachment 1108370 ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421775385.946308.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421775535.575275.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421776220.833437.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421776243.752360.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421776341.911213.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421748619.433607.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421748619.433607.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
OP
OP
CapitalT

CapitalT

Sep 16, 2014
Travis County Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... was a head of its time)
Reclaiming one's credability can be a very slick and entertaining process specifically different according to the Individual... and how they came at you with their expert opinion)

Upvote 0

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I'll bite .What am I looking at? Are we seeing faces? And are these suppose to be artifacts?.....mjm

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CapitalT

CapitalT

Sep 16, 2014
Travis County Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They really have to be held to get a grip on the grape.. I have round a couple sites that was safely above the Colorodo .. or Brazos river here in Western Travis County that has sustained large groups of people they say at least 15,000 years.. from what I gather the area was considered holy by the Comanche and Tonks.. Lippan Apache.. in more recent times .. treatys signed there .. some bout no more feedn the fam any more Tonkawas..

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...you live in Colorado don't you? ...that explains a lot....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CapitalT

CapitalT

Sep 16, 2014
Travis County Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But yes .. lots and lots of tools... like a flint factory of sorts.. there is alot of representations of a long nose deity.. offerings maybe from a huge temple mound .. maybe .. a huge migration... of mayan .. aztec influence

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CapitalT

CapitalT

Sep 16, 2014
Travis County Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lake Travis is at its lowest level in 60+ years.. the erosion took place over a period of minutes at the local carwash on the way home.. amazing what Artifacts... ACCUMULATE) ove time... even the flint has some hidden layers of detail to discover!!

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted Lake Travis and the Brazos. I wish I had of had more time but artifacts were not that important with all the Aggie girls around. Beautiful area and lots of fossils. I have some from the brazos river.

Upvote 0

justonemore

Oct 31, 2011
Indiana
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd say some people have good imaginations...but if you look at it a certain way you can imagine a puppy dog head with floppy ears in the third one and the first one reminds me of a sheep or goat face from the side. :dontknow:

That puppy dog has a buck tooth!

Upvote 0

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice frame of points. The rocks? I have some of those rocks. Others I've seen in my Smithsonian rock and gem book- as rocks. The wacky lighting doesn't really improve on their features.
I hope you feel better soon:icon_thumright: Yakker

Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm going to offer the suggestion that this article explains why you are seeing what you are seeing, and why others are telling you those are simply rocks. They are simply rocks. What you're experiencing is fairly common, and nothing to be ashamed of. I've always enjoyed seeing faces in clouds. Also, keep in mind, if a native wished to make an effigy figure, their artistic abilities were no less developed then our own, or folks from any other culture. So,,their effigies will be artistic and very obvious works of man. If one were to think these rocks are the best a native could do, and are actual effigies, it's almost insulting to all prehistoric Native American cultures to think these rocks are the best the artistic members of their band/tribe was capable of.

Why It's Perfectly Normal to See Jesus in Toast - NBC News

(From the above study: "The results revealed that priming people to look for identifiable objects in random patterns is bound to create a few hits. The participants reported seeing faces 34 percent of the time and letters 38 percent of the time, despite there being none in the images they saw.

Because the researchers asked participants about letters as well as faces, they were able to tease out differences in brain activity associated with mistaken identification of a letter and those associated with mistaken identification of faces. They found those differences in the fusiform face area (FFA), a small region on the side of the brain, behind the ear. This region has long been known to be involved in the recognition of faces, though recent research suggests that it helps people identify the differences between any objects of expertise. A birdwatcher, for example, might use the FFA to tell the difference between a sparrow and a wren.

The finding that the FFA is involved specifically in face pareidolia fits with previous studies, the researchers wrote. It also suggests that the region doesn't just activate in response to actual faces; it also appears to activate in response to people's belief that they have seen a face. In other words, the researchers wrote, people's expectations may have led their brains to find fuzzy patterns that looked face-like, creating a false impression."

(Note: pay attention to the last paragraph above because that is what is going on in this thread and that is why the poster believes his rocks are somehow more then rocks, even though they are clearly no more then rocks.)
----------------------------------------- ------------------------------
i've trotted this effigy out a few times here. My apologies if some are sick of seeing it. But, a good example of the artistry displayed in a small sandstone effigy. These people were artists. The rocks you show here are simply rocks. Real Native Americans were just as good at sculpturing rock as anyone else. If you have to rely 100% on your imagination in interpreting the rock, then that is all it is, a rock, not an effigy. Can you see where the one below leaves absolutely no doubt it was made by man, while your rocks leave all the doubt in the world?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread