Back to the harvest, after work

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Short hunt today, Mark found some flat buttons, the holy grail and some antique nails . We traveled to the end of the field and back to where we had all our luck before. I hit a nice repeatable coin signal and thought I had another largie. The area was littered with iron signals. I shoveled a bunch of dirt out and scanned the hole. It was out, I looked down at the loose dirt and saw a square nail, you know, an "antique" nail. :laughing7: I thought that stinks (expletives deleted). But once I picked up the nail and rescanned, I had a solid coin hit. I used the sunray probe to quickly locate a small cent. I've dug two civil war tokens from this area this week, so I thought there was no way it could be a third. I envisioned a nice flying eagle cent. I couldn't resist the urge and wiped one side down to reveal a lot of writing. A third civil war token, this one from Watertown, Wisconsin. Rated R5, it's my rarest CW token. :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 299
  • scan0008.jpg
    scan0008.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your harvesting quite the copper count at that site, keep up the good work!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet token for sure. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Thanks everyone, I'm on my way back to the field tomorrow where I found the 1859 injun. I hope to have something to post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread