What's new

Back To The Iron patch - 2 More Hammered Coins !!!

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Had a couple of hours yesterday, back at the iron patch. Working slowly, I managed a few nice finds. A nice medieval button, a broken piece of saxon metal work, with the classic animal head. And another two hammered silver coins. The tiny cut quarter looks like Henry III 1247-72. The nice full coin is probably Edward I, 1279-1307, minted at Canterbury. Robert
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8470.webp
    IMG_8470.webp
    351.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_8471.webp
    IMG_8471.webp
    145.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8472.webp
    IMG_8472.webp
    216.2 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 24
It's crazy how rich your area is! Of course your a lot older than we are...
Congratulations!
 
The beautiful, full hammered is a dream find for anyone. What a lovely coin.

Best Wishes,

Buck
 
The beautiful, full hammered is a dream find for anyone. What a lovely coin.

Best Wishes,

Buck
Hello Buck, It's a nice coin but very common. Edward I ( the hammer of the scots) had a long and successful reign, so minted millions of these coins. Lost count of how many of these I've found over 32 years, still always nice to find.:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom