CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The weather was good for detecting today, I didn't get steamed by the ground and baked by the sun like some days and there was even a nice breeze most of the afternoon 8-) Went back to the nickel zone today almost got my record, found 17 Jefferson nickels not bad for a 3 hour or so hunt! Many of them were 7 inches deep easy , think my E-Trac is doing great at :metaldetector: them now!

8-02-2013 nickel_zone_deep.JPG

Thanks for looking :headbang:

Upvote 0

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
17 Jefferson nickels wow that E track must have some awesome discrimination ...the at pro dos well on shallow nickels they ring in at 52 53 if its a solid 53 you can bet its a nickle

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
17 Jefferson nickels wow that E track must have some awesome discrimination ...the at pro dos well on shallow nickels they ring in at 52 53 if its a solid 53 you can bet its a nickle

Thanks silversurfer, think someone has gone over this area before with a detector, they don't bother digging the nickel type readings it seems. I find the nickel reading tends to vary a little bit from site to site, Most at this site hit at 13 on the conductive scale for me, but some are 12 or 14 also. If it is close to 13 or bounces to 13 sometimes I dig every time. Some gold rings read in this area also of course, happy hunting to you 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions