What's new

Back to the Non Banner insulator site

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
2,220
Reaction score
904
Golden Thread
1
Location
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between work and company in the house I had not had a chance to go back to the site I found the Insulator last week . My son was home Sunday though and I thought we should give a good dig to this area just to see if there were perhaps more than one ! We started In the original small trash pit where I found the insulator and expanded our search from there ! Probing and detecting we busted our butts for two and a half hours and pretty muck came up with nothing . Most of the broken glass came from the origional small trash pit that now appears was a one pail dump and no larger ! One buckle and one ornate piece of bronze . From past discoveries the decoractive piece I believe is a whale oil lamp decoration ! Thanks for looking and happy treasure hunting ! MaineRelic
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4409-001.webp
    IMG_4409-001.webp
    92.7 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_4410-001.webp
    IMG_4410-001.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 14
interesting pile-o-stuff. neat finds. Thanks for sharing
 
That clock is really neat.I don't think I have seen one found so complete.
 
interesting pile-o-stuff. neat finds. Thanks for sharing
thanks Voodoo ! Sometimes you eat the bear sometimes the bear eats you ! MR
 
Thanks digiron 2. I'm. It sure how to date the clock works ! MR
 
Very neat! Is that spoon silver?

Also love the thread title hahaha, would you like to post a picture of your Chinese knockoff insulator? I am curious what it looks like and you took the picture down before I could see it.
Hey Perses ! The spoon is plated or else would have been a feature find ! I am sorry you did not get to see the Chinese knock off Insulator ! I am done with it ! I am glad I am not the only one that found humor in my thread title ! Here is a site where you can see what a real one looks like :laughing7: For Sale (Sold or No Longer Available) > Rare CD 780 Bureau Knob SOLD MaineRelic
 
Wow, very nice man, congratulations on such a great find! Some time ago I read an article about an inkwell that was also worth 5-7 grand. Impressive what people pay for such things! Happy digging :-)

There's a lot of glass out there that's quite valuable . Perses the inkwell your talking about does it look like the one in my avatar? I dug that last year and is worth a fortune. Maine what's that bottle you dug does it have any embossing?

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet
 
Nice finds! Last parts of a clock I found was just one gear.
 
MainRelic

I don't understand why you delete the images from you previous thread on this discovery. It is a very rare and historically significant insulator discovery. I saw it featured in an article and also on the cover of the October 2014 Crown Jewels of the Wire Magazine for insulator collectors. If I am not mistaken you also put it in an insulator auction catalog. Didn't follow that auction but I expected your threadless CD780 bureau knob insulator probably went over $7,500, which is worth a lot more than the "treasure" that normally shows up on these pages. Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom