Back to the woods.....

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Went back to the woods in the old WW1 taining camp area, in the area where I think an old post office once stood........I had to go back...... I forgot to get some stamps....... :P :P

Taking my M6 with the 6X10 again, for some depth over the smaller coils, I am starting to like this coil. :)

Dug up some nice rusty bottlecaps, some old nails from the wooden buildings (that were once there) and finally got a good signal at 7 inches. A dime reading, so I dug about 5 inches with the Lesche, then started using my garden trowel on the looser dirt.
After a few more inches of dirt, I finally locate it with my pinpointer and retrieve it from its long grave.

The other day when I was here I got a 100 year old dime. What is better than a 100 year old dime????

A 108 year old dime!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o 8) 8)

I searched for about 45 minutes more and didn't get anything else so I go to the main camp road on the way back to the car and searching along the edges find some newer coins, a house key, more pulltabs and rusty bottlecaps, and got 2 used cars ---most of the coins were just under a leave covering and fairly new drops.
I guess is wasn't a bad day after all. ;)

Attachments

• LoganDime2.jpg
    LoganDime2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 577
  • postofficefinds.jpg
    postofficefinds.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 599
Upvote 0
Way to go, my friend! You have been getting a lot of hair cuts lately. :D

Bone Dry Detecting...zoyster

Nice, living up to your name :D

great finds...excellent dime ya got there....

:o GREAT Barber, Dimeman!!! 8) We don't call you the Dimeman for nothing! ;D ;)

Congrats! Nana :)

zoyboy said:
Way to go, my friend! You have been getting a lot of hair cuts lately. :D

Bone Dry Detecting...zoyster

It's not a colonial copper coin, but it will have to do. :P :P

tymcmurray said:
Is it hard pinpointing with the 6x10?
Nice finds.
I tried the regular way by criss-crossing and it seems easier, to me, to pull the trigger and get the highest tone VCO and wiggle the coil back toward you and when the VCO goes silent, the target is at the tip of the coil.

KirkPA said:
A professional detectorist delicately excavated a piece of history.

Bone Dry Detecting...Kirk

I only can find those new fangled 1899 and early 1900's silver coins. ;D ;D ;D

Any hunt finding a Barber is a darn good hunt.

Looks like a good day....Congrats!!!

hh,
SgtSki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back