Back Up

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it seems like my theme currently is back-up so that's the title. About a week ago I sent my X-terra 705 off to get a new LCD screen because a couple of the lights were acting up. So that put me to have g to run my back-up detector which is my old X-terra 305 (good machines). Unfortunately I didnt realize I was mailing it into the path of Hurricane Irma. [Godspeed to out friends at Kellyco and everyone else in Florida] So I may or may not ever see it again, but that's not important. Stuff can be replaced.

Anyway I got to get out for a bit Saturday. The weather started off kind cool so I put on my long pants and thought I might venture of the beaten path into into the woods and some territory that I've been waiting for fall to hunt. Big mistake! It's still a place worth hunting again but all I found was possibly a percussion cap can, spider webs between every tree and when I got back to the truck I noticed the insides of my socks were full of chiggers. It was time to back up and regroup.

20170909_153636.jpg

After a shower and getting my wife to pick the last few bugs off of me I heard a loud roar overhead and got to watch a group F18's circle overhead while they were preparing to fly over the Razorbacks game. Way cool!

20170909_135144.jpg
20170909_140803.jpg

Later while everyone else was watching football, I decided to go back to a place my hunting buddy and I had briefly skimmed over a couple weeks prior. I had picked up a barber dime and he found a standing liberty quarter. I didn't expect much since he'd been over it with his XP Deus and I'm running my back-up detector. In the end I was glad I did. In two years of detecting I'd only found one Buffalo Nickel, and hidden among a bunch of those copper roofing nails I found 3 more and a Boy Scouts pen that says Pat 1911 on the back.

The nickles are dated 1923, 1934, and I think a 1913 but it's much harder to read.

Thanks for reading
Icewing

20170909_164450.jpg

Upvote 17
sweet finds, love the cap can too. finding the buffs etc was a whole lot better than the game anyways, at least you scored

Well done on the buffalos sir.

Nice little herd you got there, and pin!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Second string quarterback enters game to throw HAIL MARY into the end zone for game winning TOUCHDOWN!!!:occasion18: Great scores for the backup coming off the bench. People wonder why I own so many machines?!????:laughing7: Nice scores on the trio of Buffalos and very nice Boy Scout pin. Hot Rod jets flying overhead is damn cool too. Great day!:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back