backyard find

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II,ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in my backyard.I live by railroad tracks and there is an old red brick foundation by the tracks.It is the size of a penny and has the number 252 on one side and the letters HNYC and RRR on the other side.I am sorry about the blurry pictures,they are the best ones I could get.I have a Sony cyber-shot 7.2 megapixel camera,so if anybody has a trick that I don't know let me in on it.

Attachments

• Picture 688.jpg
    Picture 688.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 496

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there,Id say its a baggage tag from the railroad.Check for the railroad lines names in your area and you probably find they match the letters.Old lines ,may be gone now.
HH :D

Upvote 0

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a sony also I found that changing the mode to "auto" helps a lot there is a delay from the time you press the button so you need to keep still for about 3 seconds but it is worth it.

Upvote 0
D

dugupfinds

Montana Jim said:
trk5capt said:
Looks Like A Lead Seal, Look At The Edge And See If You Can See Some Rust Spots Where Small Wire Would Have Been Crimped. trk5capt...

I agree - it looks like a seal

Yeap, lead bag seal.

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
NYC & HRRR is the reporting mark of the New York Central & Hudson River Railroad. When Col. Vanderbilt acquired them in 1869, the two lines were merged. In 1914 the NYC & HRRR merged with the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern to form the New York Central Railroad. So, your lead seal dates c. 1869-1914.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread