Bad day

B

BIG61AL

Attachments

• buck 001.jpg
    buck 001.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 627
Upvote 0
I use an army bayonette. They are tough!
I think you can get them at an army surplus store.
Tough break Al, sounds like one of those days.
I had one of those weeks at work,
so I am hoping the weather holds out so I can get out tomorrow.

Smiles!
BDoo

That's a bummer. I use a stainless steel trowel, 6 inches long and a
stainless steel knife probe. Am still carefull with the knife. Good luck
in replacing your knife, but if it was me i'd use the stainless steel trowel.

HH< Ringfinder

Yeah it does happen. I've broken 2 shovels. They don't make 'em like they used to. They don't resist prying very well.

i went through about 3 trowels before i bought a lesche predator tool. ive had that for about a year and it hasnt even come close to bending let alone breaking. in my opinion its worth the $30.

Rusted_Iron said:
Yeah it does happen. I've broken 2 shovels. They don't make 'em like they used to. They don't resist prying very well.

Yeap i know how that is too! The shovel I bought from the PX was made in China.. and I tried to pry out something. Didn't work out too well. Broke the shovel head into 2 pieces :( Now I have 2 shovels, and keep one in the trunk as a spare :)

Good luck on your next hunt!

I have a real heavy duty digging tool but i loved using my Buck knife on manicured grass. Nice clean cuts leaves no sign I was digging. Hopefully I can get it replaced soon.

Sorry to hear about the tough luck........now go get another and get back out there......... ;)

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Sounds like you did have a crappy day. But hey, you at least you broke it on a day that it rained! You killed two birds and one knife with one stone! Now you have a reason to buy a K-BAR!!

I use my old K-BAR. Damn good knife. Will never break. Nice tools, though, those combat/survival knives. God love 'em. Can't dig up land mines with it now so I'll just dig up gold mines!!

Better luck next time!!

Check out the Hori Hori knife. Talk about thick and strong whew!!
Lesche is good too. HH

davesx said:
i use an army folding spade,i think it's called a trench tool.

If your army calls it the same as ours does we called it an entrenching tool or ET for short.

Re: Bad day UPDATE

Just received a brand new replacement knife. Same model, different color. The new one is silver with an uncolored aluminum body. Buck is the only knife brand I will ever buy from now on.

This is the knife I use. Its very heavy duty and very thick so I can pry with it. I only use it for cutting a plug and I decided on not getting a serrated edge so I wouldn't saw into anything valuable, I have other tools for cutting roots. If this baby breaks i can buy another at Wal-Mart for under $15, but I haven't been able to break it yet!

1339.jpg

After breaking my third or fourth garden trowl (welded handel) I went to Lowe's and bought a one piece stainless steel trowl. It's a bit wider at about 3 inches at the top but it has serriated (sp) edges and when I put my weight behind it cuts through the turff easily. Best part I can use it for gardening too. lol Stan...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back