What's new

Bad Luck Boxes and Good Luck Boxes...

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Fellow CRHs!

I've been doing fairly well CRH in my first few months of doing this but have had zero success (0 finds) with the boxes on the left, and all of my finds coming from the boxes on the right ({92} 40%ers, {14} 90%ers and {4} Bens). Is this your experience as well? Are there other types of boxes you have had luck getting halves in? If so, can you please provide some pics and/or bank names?

Thank you!

$ilver$urfer
 

Attachments

  • CIMG0030.webp
    CIMG0030.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0
I have experienced the same thing. BUT the long boxes tend to be the dream boxes... but 99% of them just have 1x 40%. still think it is the luck of the draw, as i had square boxes produce nada
 
The only boxes I've ever searched are the long flat ones. The most spectacular dream box score I've ever seen came out of a square box.
HH
Rich
 
I do both types of boxes each week. On a good week when I have the time to hunt, I pick up 5 of the squatty short boxes and 4 of the long boxes. At least for me, it was just the luck-of-the-draw. Sometimes I get skunks on both types; other times I do fairly well with both. Just depends on what is dumped. Its a flip for me.

apush :read2:
 
Long boxes are better.. square boxes are skunk filled for me and they seem to have ones wrapped by someone who already looked through them. The long box rolls are more tightly wrapped & I trust them more.
 
A couple of years ago I got really good finds out of the flat boxes (avg about 40 silvers per box - good mix of 40% and 90%) and pretty much skunked on the square boxes. Then this year it flip flopped and I started getting only 1 or 2 out of the flat boxes (and several skunks too) and got some really good square boxes (20 plus for 5 boxes in a row). Who knows....

My best finds have allways been hand wrapped rolls and teller trays anyways, but boxes are good for volume. I did get 5 solid rolls of silver (all 40%ers) at a bank about two years ago and have gotten two solid rolls of 1964 Kennedy halves this last year. Gotta love those!

Closest I've had to dream box is 60 keepers, I keep hoping for 100 plus, maybe someday.

Either way, HH to all - still plenty of silver out there for all of us.
 
The only part that I really don't like about the square boxes is that where I live, someone in the facility puts rolls that have been looked through and rewrapped in them. That's why I don't like them. Someone is messing with it and I don't like it. I leads me to think someone in that facility is pulling them or has influence over what rolls go into the boxes (no suprise I get skunks). I can tell that those rolls were opened since they were not wrapped tightly vs. the yellow rolls. I can tell if it's a roll someone had previously opened too.
 
SFBayArea said:
The only part that I really don't like about the square boxes is that where I live, someone in the facility puts rolls that have been looked through and rewrapped in them. That's why I don't like them. Someone is messing with it and I don't like it. I leads me to think someone in that facility is pulling them or has influence over what rolls go into the boxes (no suprise I get skunks). I can tell that those rolls were opened since they were not wrapped tightly vs. the yellow rolls. I can tell if it's a roll someone had previously opened too.

Last month,out of an 8 box order,I got 4 boxes,that were handrolled,and resealed in the boxes. I didn't take them and told the bank to ship them back. They were in flat boxes.
Rich
 
Ive done both boxes......it comes and goes. One day you'll hit big in the long yellow box, and then there is no silver. Then you'll hit big in the square box...then no silver. I like to search the long ones around where i am, just because there are only two banks left in this side of the state that order those boxes. there isnt as many people searching them. (just my superstition, im sure it doesn't make a difference)

-bigJ
 
Strange how what area your in will give you different results. I've done both types of boxes. I've never found 1 piece of silver out of the long boxes, but I've had some decent scores out of the square stacked boxes. I've only searched a few of the long ones so far though. I think it's just getting the right box at the right time. Either way I'm still waitin on a dream box.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom