Bag of cents = goodly amounts of copper

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally getting around checking a $50 bag of cents from being picked up in early Oct. I swear it must have someone's massive copper collection. Over 50% of the bag is running 'copper', and of those coppers, a goodly majority are in extremely fine condition (or better) mostly in the year range of 1967-1981, but better yet, many, and I do mean many, have the mint luster and burnished highlights. It's going to be tough to decide which ones go to the grand-kids folders, or just copper bullion.

Upvote 0

Darrow

Jul 22, 2014
Sherman, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 550, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am happy for you! Send some of that good luck this way please...picking up 2 coin boxes tomorrow and I hope they are full of copper!

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Are any of the LCS buying copper cents yet, or won't they touch them until the melt ban is lifted? Great yields btw, Dozer!

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are any of the LCS buying copper cents yet, or won't they touch them until the melt ban is lifted? Great yields btw, Dozer!

My LCS was buying pennies at 2X face until about a year ago. They're not buying at this time. I bought about a thousand dollars worth of silver during that time at half price. Melt ban has little to do with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread