What's new

Bag Of Nickles suprises...... And gives me a sick feeling.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Last Monday I picked up a bag of Quarters and a bag of Nickles from one of my regular stops.

They also had 2 Bags of penny's which I passed on.

I processed the Quarter bag within an hour and was treated with 6 Silver quarters. Very pleased with those results as it seems 9 times out of 10 I don't find any silver, and when I do it's a token 1 lone silver quarter.

I set the Nickle bag aside to search when I could find the time which I did this afternoon.

What a suprise. It's not Earth shattering or a "Dream Bag" But is certainly my best Nickle score to date.

The thing that is now giving me a belly ache is that I passed on those penny's which given the results of the Nickle and Quarter bags tells me there were no doubt some keepers in them. The thing is that by waiting till today (5 day's later) I may have missed out on the sister dime bag that may have been filled and shipped out this week. Why do I believe that It would have been good you ask?.... Well the Nickle bag produced a 1918 Mercury Dime and a 1906 Barber along with My very first V Nickle 4 Buffalo's and 7 War Nickles.... As well as dozens of Nick's in the 40's and a couple of 39's

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • dimes.webp
    dimes.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 811
  • buffandv.webp
    buffandv.webp
    49.7 KB · Views: 800
  • warnickles.webp
    warnickles.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 790
  • 40n47.webp
    40n47.webp
    42 KB · Views: 800
Upvote 0
way to go on those nickels mojo........makes me want to try them :icon_thumright:
 
I love V nickles.

apush
 
Wow there CoinMojo! nice bag O' Nickles you got, and if that is not a dream bag then please tell us what you would call it? I mean three Buff's, seven silvers, a V and 2 silver dimes! plus some real nice looking older ones to! I wish they were like that here in Kzoo! nice work and HH!

Chuck.
 
Tattooguy67 said:
Wow there CoinMojo! nice bag O' Nickles you got, and if that is not a dream bag then please tell us what you would call it? I mean three Buff's, seven silvers, a V and 2 silver dimes! plus some real nice looking older ones to! I wish they were like that here in Kzoo! nice work and HH!

Chuck.

Yea your right given the fact that this was my best and included a V it was certainly Dreamy....

Mojo
 
nice finds. I've found dimes in nickel rolls before but never silver dimes.
 
Yeah I am sick too. It will drive you mad trying to imagine what was in those other bags. What great finds though.

Golden silver
 
Got a hold of the teller that tends the machine and as I suspected the dime bag filled and was shipped out last Wednesday. :'(

Man it just shows to go ya, that you got to pounce on opportunity when it's knocking.

Mojo
 
Well my teller called me Yesterday (Fri) and says we got another bag off the machine. Even though I feel I missed the good one I told her I will take it.

Well it turned out ok. Got me 4) Rosie's a 42 Merc. and a 63 Canook. 6 keepers in all and the bag produced a couple of foriegn pennies. and was only short $2.50 out of $1k

So all in all a "Better than average" bag.

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • dime bag.webp
    dime bag.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 261

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom