Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't mind the curved shaft actually. I recommend the hip mounting kit. I wear the unit on my back at the belt line and it's as if it's gone. I can swing the Excal for 10 hours a day and feel good. Cheaper than a new shaft too.

romanf

May 10, 2014
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705
Excalibur II 1000
Excalibur II 800
Garrett Recon AML-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plugger also makes an extension for the stock shaft. It moves the controls and battery behind the elbow. It balances quite well, as I have been using for several hours at a time with no problems. Costs only $30 or so...he has them listed on the bay all the time....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I love my Excal but that sucker wore my arm slap out last week. So I am going to get a balance shaft of some sorts to help things out. What do you guys recommend?
You can make your own extended shaft for about $25.00, $20.00 for shaft and $5.00 for handle from local bike store. You can buy the shaft at local hardware or marine shop.. Look for aluminum deck brush handle... Take your lower shaft to size it properly... Tight fit but still slide easily...

OP
OP
wvdirtdigger

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plugger also makes an extension for the stock shaft. It moves the controls and battery behind the elbow. It balances quite well, as I have been using for several hours at a time with no problems. Costs only $30 or so...he has them listed on the bay all the time....

Thanks for this information. I think I am going to give this a try!!!

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the idea

image-3561605290.jpg

It really helps...a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anderson composite shaft.
Be sure to get the tall man model if you are tall.
The extra height provides better pendulum action, and allows you to sweep a larger arc covering more ground on each swing.

I prefer composite, as it is far less likely to seize than aluminum, and you avoid galvanic action caused two dissimilar metals touching each other.

The only draw back is that it can be a little tippy, so I also recommend a guard to protect the knobs, also made by Anderson.
I recommend purchase rather than home building as theese accessories hold their value, if you later sell, and it is easier to sell
than a home made one as the buyer knows that the holes are properly spaced and drilled, without having to inspect it.

Send me a PM if you have any questions, or need additional information.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread