Baldingboy and Mastereagle have some sweet success.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Well, where shall I begin? Mastereagle and I finally got back to detecting since I now have some venison in the freezer and a nice buck on the wall. We hit a place that I am not sure has been hit before and there was a Civil War battle in the general vicinity. Despite this, we didn't really tear it up with the detecting. We did make a couple cool finds though.

I get in the car with ME22 and he starts brake torquing the car and smoke is boiling out of the wheel wells. He proclaims that he is driving, so reluctantly, I get in. Was that ever a mistake. He is popping Wheelies, and driving through the grass and cussing old people all the way there.

We started discussing where to go and I had a place in mind I had a good feeling about, but ME22 didn't want to go there. He wanted to go to the local school and look for clad. I told him I was tired of clad and junk and I wanted to go find something good. He admitted I was right. Anyway he gave in and we started to hunt.

I hadn't been detecting for more than fifteen minutes or so and I get this signal on my XLT that reads one direction as a quarter and the comes in lower but solid. I was curious and decided to dig this one. (I usually dig any tone above 0) So anyway, I make a plug and remove about 5 inches of soil and I see this funny looking rock and notice some rings on it. I hit it with my pinpointer and it confirms it is the target. A freaking THREE RINGER BULLET! I couldn't believe it. I have been wanting to find one of these for so long! I pocketed it since ME22 was around the front of the house (probably barking at cars). Finally he came around the house and asked if I had found anything and I showed him the bullet. He freaked. He was running as fast as he could muster around the permiter of the yard like a dog that had been shot in the A$$ with a box of tacks. It had finally happened....he had gone nuts.

I calmed him down and gave him a pill. He then said he had only found a few pennies, and lots of trash. He showed me one penny that looked kinda peculiar...hard to read, greenish cast and kinda thin. I told him "This doesn't feel right for a penny". He just laughed at me and tossed it all back in his bag. (He discovered later at home that it was a 1893 IH penny) ::) We detected for a little while longer and I found some aluminum siding and ME22 found a couple keys. I kept trying to get him to try them in the house doors, but he said he wouldn't do that. ???

We left this location and decided we would come back some other time since it was getting late and we didn't want to overstay our welcome. We grabbed a burger at a local drive through and ME22 scared the woman at the window with all his gear (headlight too) he had forgotten to take off. Personally, I think the fact that he kept asking her "Do you want fries with that!?" to everything she said, scared her worse. She sprayed him in the face with hot grease and we were on our way.

We arrived at a old local school and detected an area we hadn't hit yet. We provided some amusement for a local cop as he watched ME22 and I trying to get our gear on. I have a foot that bothers me and I was falling around trying to get suited up. ME22 appeared to have a badger on his throat as he twisted feverously trying to get his coat on. We hunted for about an hour and a half and ME22 found a silver 1934 Quarter. I guess it is true that "Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in awhile!" :P

Seriously, I want everyone to know Mastereagle is really is a great friend. I give him alot of trouble because, well.....his mom asked me too. The true highlight of the night was when ME22 found a cool zipper pull. I think he is making a suit of armor with those things to ward off attacks from his family. HEhe. ;D

Finds as previously stated by my partner in crime:
Silver Quarter, Indian Head, two Keys and of course a zipper pull. I also found lots of melted lead there. Does anyone know, if the lead that drops from bullet molds takes on any certain shape from being around the mold. What I found looks like a bent bar of lead about 3" by 0.5" with drips hanging off of it. I am nearly certain this is bullet mold lead.

By the way, I am going to post the other thing when I get some better pictures, but I found something that looks like a tensioning lever or lock face cover that says W&Co on it. What the heck is that? If I search Civil War and W&Co I see this appearing in association with Civil War and something to do with a knife I believe, but the statement was kinda vague. What do you think?

100_4623.JPG

100_4620.JPG

Upvote 0
congrats on the first ball there. I see you guys are die hard MD hounds! Supposed to be in the 50's or 60's here this weekend. Go find some more!

I sounds like you guys had a great hunt. Winter is just around the corner, we are supposed to get some freezing rain tonight. It'll be headed your way. Better get a lot of hunting in before the snow flies. What are you 2 going to do when it gets too cold to hunt?

BB!!! What a great bullet! You two are making some super finds!!

Congrats on making it back home safely. ;D

Nana ;)

OH and Rob...keep that freezing stuff up there! :D

Well I won't argue with any thing he said except for the fact that I found the place we hunted. I asked for permission. And I am as happy as a tick on a hound dog that BB found the bullet!!!

The IH was icing on the cake but the best find of the night was the ZIPPER PULL!!!!!!

I have been taking my medication regularly and it helps, every once in a while I need a little booster. ;) :D ;D :D Actually all I needed was a good hunt with my buddy BB!!!!

And I only grazed one lady with a walker and knocked one guy out of his Wheelchair!! :D :D ;D :D :D ;D ;D

If it doesn't rain us out we are going tomorrow to a place that sounds promising, have to wait until 8 PM to go though because that is when my wife gets home from work.

Yea, I'm better when I'm on my meds too. ;) ;)

I guess Nana doesn't like the rain to come down in solid form. :)
Its no big deal, just stock up on "supplies" and stay home/u]

Out of sight BB!!!!

I'm gonna have to take your detector away from you before you dig up all the good stuff ;) :D ;D
Congrats on the 3 ringer, that is so cool ;D

Timberwolf

Timberwolf said:
Out of sight BB!!!!

I'm gonna have to take your detector away from you before you dig up all the good stuff ;) :D ;D
Congrats on the 3 ringer, that is so cool ;D

Timberwolf
Rob in KS said:
Yea, I'm better when I'm on my meds too. ;) ;)

I guess Nana doesn't like the rain to come down in solid form. :)
Its no big deal, just stock up on "supplies" and stay home/u]

Nana40 said:
BB!!! What a great bullet! You two are making some super finds!!

Congrats on making it back home safely. ;D

Nana ;)

OH and Rob...keep that freezing stuff up there! :D
Rob in KS said:
I sounds like you guys had a great hunt. Winter is just around the corner, we are supposed to get some freezing rain tonight. It'll be headed your way. Better get a lot of hunting in before the snow flies. What are you 2 going to do when it gets too cold to hunt?
rebelLT said:
congrats on the first ball there. I see you guys are die hard MD hounds! Supposed to be in the 50's or 60's here this weekend. Go find some more!

Timberwolf,
Thanks for the post. I really like your new avatar. Too cool!

Rob,
I too need my meds. :) Yeah, I don't mind snow....but I hope it holds off awhile too. When the snow starts flying I guess we will join a circus. ;D

Nana,
Thanks. That bullet was the end of a long journey for me and the IH was a accolade for ME22 as well. We both needed that. ;)

Rebel,
Yeah, we are kinda crazy about this hobby. Neither rain, sleet, or snow will keep us from our appointed rounds. (Our wives will though.) ;)

mastereagle22 said:
Well I won't argue with any thing he said except for the fact that I found the place we hunted. I asked for permission. And I am as happy as a tick on a hound dog that BB found the bullet!!!

The IH was icing on the cake but the best find of the night was the ZIPPER PULL!!!!!!

I have been taking my medication regularly and it helps, every once in a while I need a little booster. ;) :D ;D :D Actually all I needed was a good hunt with my buddy BB!!!!

And I only grazed one lady with a walker and knocked one guy out of his Wheelchair!! :D :D ;D :D :D ;D ;D

If it doesn't rain us out we are going tomorrow to a place that sounds promising, have to wait until 8 PM to go though because that is when my wife gets home from work.

OK....I will concede that you found us that place. I too was stoked that you found the Indian Head. I know that was a great find for you and I was really tickled that you found it. Good going. I am going to post that W&Co piece in the whatz-it forum. I see that W&Co has flagged on the internet as having something to do with Civil War sabers! I don't know what part this might be or if W&Co dabbled in other stuff too. I suspect it might be a lock cover. ???

I put some water on the logo to make it stand out.

100_3850.jpg

100_3853.jpg

Another bullet picture. I measured it and it is 11/16th's of an inch.

100_3855.jpg

;D Great story BB. I'm glad that the two of you are back hunting again! Congrats on your first 3 ringer and congrats to ME on his IH..... HH

Desertfox

Actually I didn't want to embarass our friend BB. But I asked him if he had found anything good he sad "No just a bunch of junk, great place you have brought us to AGAIN." At which point he pulled out all his stuff he had found and he said to me "Look they even have stupid pointed rocks in this yard." ::)

I laughed so hard I almost wet myself before I told BB he had found a three-ringer. Then I proceeded to beat him in the head with a Lesche digger handle and just about the time I got him where I wanted him security showed up and asked us to leave. ::) ::) ;D :D ;D :D Good thing too else that bullet woulda been mine, mine I tell ya mine (laughing maniaclly) :)

Don't ya just hate those pointed rocks. :P They drive the detecor crazy and too many in your pockets will pull your pants down. :D

Were you at that place i told you to go a while back? A very fine congrats on your first 3 ringer. I'm going out today to hopefully come home with a pouch full of bullets

Timberwolf said:
Baldingboy said:
Timberwolf,
I really like your new avatar. Too cool!

Thanks buddy ;D

TW

Missouri_John said:
Were you at that place i told you to go a while back? A very fine congrats on your first 3 ringer. I'm going out today to hopefully come home with a pouch full of bullets

stoney56 said:
Don't ya just hate those pointed rocks. :P They drive the detecor crazy and too many in your pockets will pull your pants down. :D

desertfox said:
;D Great story BB. I'm glad that the two of you are back hunting again! Congrats on your first 3 ringer and congrats to ME on his IH..... HH

Desertfox

oneveteran said:
Grest writing, and great finds.
Joe

Timberwolf,
No problem. You and the Mrs have a very Merry Xmas!

Missouri_John,
No, it wasn't the place you told me about. This was a super duper double secret place. Mastereagle took me there blindfolded and I don't even know where it is. ::)(Just kidding dude)

stoney,
I always have to carry ME22's finds because he doesn't wear pants! It's embarrasing!!

desertfox,
Thanks....Good hearing from ya again.

Joe,
Stay tuned, we are going back out tonight!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back