What's new

Bale Seal? I think...?

Ace^of^Spades

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2014
Messages
46
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not very exciting and quite small, I think its a bale seal. There are some barely legible letters which appear fairly modern. Its quite heavy for its size - possibly lead? It also is an unusual white color. The surface is very flat and smooth except for the letters. IMG_4373.webpIMG_4374.webpIMG_4375.webpIMG_4376.webpTrying to get a sense of how old.
 
Upvote 6
Yes... it is.
 
Correct Ace, I've found 5 of them so far, all lead and look just like yours(only in better shape:occasion14:) They are a cool little find.
 
ACE WAY TO GO ON THE BALE SEAL , NICE FIND.
 
Hi-
Looks good. If you contact user Peacehavens on youtube he might be able to help. He is busy
compiling a huge database of lead seals. Theres not a lot to go on, but you might get lucky.
 
Cool find. I think it's WWII era based the ones I have found with that font type....could be wrong though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom