What's new

Ball button

creade

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
1,208
Reaction score
1,699
Golden Thread
0
Location
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this ball button yesterday. The backmark says " fast" will 3 stars at the bottom.Has anyone seen this before? PXL_20210326_205008408.webpPXL_20210326_204922442.webp
 
I think your buttons backmark is two stars and an S. So it is most likely the same backmark as Red-Coat posted.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe the Ebay seller is seriously incorrect about his Lyre/Musician's button's time-period being 1800s (as is very often the case with Ebay sellers). Note that the button's backmark is written in "plain block" lettering instead of the usual 1800s "serifed" lettering. We button-collectors see very-very few plain-block backmarks prior to 1890. But the killer time-dating clue is the "hollow star" mark. In a button backmark, that is strictly 20th-Century.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom