What's new

✅ SOLVED Familiar design?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,682
Reaction score
43,415
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:
I think I've seen this before.

IMG_20260915_210805.webp

The tiny button above the rose.

BUTTON.webp

Reminds me of something but memory is failing fast! 🤷‍♂️
 
I see that there was a French button manufacturer (CBG Paris) in the 19th century, known for decorative metal and enameled buttons.
 
Upvote 0
This specific button was made by the Greenbaum Brothers (often operating as the Greenbaum Bros. & Co.)
(Well that's what AI MODE told me):laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
It’s nothing to do with France, nor with Greenbaum. In fact, it's not actually a button at all. It’s the end cap from a vintage blown glass Christmas tree ornament. The two holes are where the suspension loop was attached. Like this one:

Christmas Ornament.webp


I don’t know what the ‘G&B’ stands for, but the same design can also be found marked ‘G&D’, like this:

Christmas Ornament2.webp


The ones marked ‘G & D’ were distributed or produced in partnership with GKI (Good’s Katalog Inc.) / Bethlehem Lights (often labelled as G&D / GKI Bethlehem) during the late 1990s and early 2000s. They were a mail order business specialising in holiday décor and seasonal ornaments such as hand-painted glass figurines, snowmen, glitter balls and other hanging decorations. Some of the larger pieces indicate the actual producer to have been in West Germany, but Poland is also sometimes cited as a producing country. I would assume the two companies are intimately related.
 
Upvote 0
I believe you've nailed it.

Back view

IMG_20260920_203211.webp


I did some research as well but yours seems to have it cold! Thanks!

Here's my results.

image000000(9).webp
image000001(1).webp
image000002.webp
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Old Bracelet
Replies
4
Views
677
Replies
6
Views
838

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom