What's new

Ballfield today

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,874
Reaction score
76,326
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After yesterdays Hunt at the South Woods making Me a bit Bored
from hitting it Too Much.
I decided it was time to let it Perculate for awhile.

So I ran here instead.
Sorry no On-site Pics :( I forgot till after I was on the way home.

U.webp

1938

Un.webp

Todays gas Rebate 80 Cents

DSCF0001.webp

My Trash

DSCF0014.webp

Some Whats'its too Small to I.D.

DSCF0010(1).webp


Brass
DSCF0025.webp

Button/snap/couch or pillow Button :dontknow:

DSCF0002.webpDSCF0004.webp

Bracelet (maybe silver / Maybe not)

DSCF0005(1).webp

This was rolled up in A ball, Best I can straighten It.
Because it as all together , I'm guessing it belongs together

DSCF0018.webpDSCF0019.webpDSCF0020.webp

If the Buckle depicts Liberty, That is allot of Liberty for one day.

DSCF0003(1).webp


1910 Liberty V , Looks like it was Mint when Lost,
But Corroded since
DSCF0005.webpDSCF0011.webp

1884 Liberty V

DSCF0003.webpDSCF0010.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 46
Nice nickels, what you can see of that 1910 is great! Shame the rest is corroded.
 
Unbelievable weather and excellent hunt. Congrats on some nice finds and of course the "V" Nickels
 
Last edited:
Nice nickels, what you can see of that 1910 is great! Shame the rest is corroded.


Yes it Looks like someone Slid across it.

D.webpDS.webp

It was a bit too far beyond 2nd Base to say for sure.

I can't quite see enough of this to try & Date it. Though they appear to be the same era.
after removing the 1910 I got another hit in the same hole & thought a Second V
But after digging feverishly around & Below
I pulled out this AJAX US Brass.
The N0. Is rotted off http://www.headstamps.x10.mx/us.html#us007


but they may both have been dropped by a Pigeon Shooter.

DSCF0007.webp
DSCF0002.webpDSCF0003.webp



After that either Mole people Under or Aliens above
caused my detector to go Haywire. I couldn't quiet it down.
So I had to walk towards 1st Base Outfield till my detector let me
use it again.
that's when I found the 1884
 
Last edited:
Nice job on the V's. Sure are nice ones too. They are usually hard to make out when you find them here. Congrats!
 
Thanks all for Your Comments !
I'm not 100% sure I should, But I may go back today
and hope for a repeat of sorts.

Untitled.webp

Is extremely rare for me to have 2 Good days in a row at the same spot , but
I know there is a Ton or more of deep Brass in there yet, And while Digging one signal I was confident was Brass, The 1884 Popped out so, how many more nickels
& hopefully something Gold is hiding out as a brass Signal. :laughing7:

What do you think ?

Wolves, Bears ? Rampant Lions ? imagination ?

DSCF0003.webp DSCF0004.webp DSCF0003.webp

and Cleaned / restored a Little bit

DSCF0003(1).webp

DSCF0007.webp

Not sure how much more I will work on it Yet.
 
Last edited:
Nice! Silver bracelet!
Great hunt!
Interesting buckle.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom