Ballpark figure

OP
OP
D

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. I didn't think they had that much! I have 8 of them now. Thanks!!

SCpicker

Jan 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last one I peeled off was a Frank M Whiting piece and weighed 5.4 grams. Lol I don't remember ever having any much heavier than that.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen real thick ones and others that war like foil. Same for weighted. Judge the coaster if heavy or light and between 5g and 10g is probably a good estimate. As a rule of thumb I only buy them when they are a $1 or less.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just took last week one of those maybe 5" diameter rings off a wine bottle coaster with a few other pieces of clean sterling to the scrap buyer and it was exactly 30 grams. I have scraped the smaller one before, but they're really thin pieces and don't have much weight at all. Yeah I'm with JD on these and I wouldn't go more then a buck a coaster on those, if even that??. I think I payed 2 bucks each on those before and came up short on the value of silver they yield. That's when I found out I won't be spending much on those anymore. I've passed on them also when I come by them in a TS and they have a price at like 3 bucks each for them, but someone takes them as they don't sit on the shelf for very long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread