What's new

Baltimore American "Doo Dad Deb" Token

TrpnBils

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
873
Reaction score
1,234
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a cool little token I barely squeaked out at about 8" today. It's about the size of a dime and the figure there is actually stamped in from the back rather than made like a coin or any other token I've found (in other words, the reverse is pressed in and concave). The front reads "The Baltimore American - Doo Dad Deb" and the reverse reads "Greenduck Metal Stamping Co. - Chicago, Ill."

The Baltimore American was a newspaper published in 1857 and then from 1884-1902. The Greenduck company appears to have opened in Chicago in 1906, so I can't account for the gap in years there. Interesting either way.....
 

Attachments

  • BaltimoreAmerican Token.webp
    BaltimoreAmerican Token.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 4
THAT FELLA ON THE TOKEN LOOKS FAMILIAR . THAT IS REALLY NEEET FIND . FIRST FOR ME TO SEE ...
 
I thought so too....can't place the figure though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom