What's new

Banded slate

Arkansaw

Full Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2018
Messages
205
Reaction score
237
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone know where I can buy raw material? Had a guy I was trading local flint for small pieces last year, but that fizzled out. Any advice? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1581425758.920486.webp
 
Upvote 0
hey where you at in sw mo, come out and hunt my spot on private land sometime!
 
Here where I am at, I find glacial slate all the time in the fields. There are some fields its thick. colors are from a pink, gray and black.
 
Well I don’t think we have any around where I’m at. I’ve had zero luck finding a raw piece for sale
 
Find someone in IN or OH. That's where all the good quality Huronian slate can be found. It's in the glacial till in the northern half of those two states. I found high quality pieces in farm fields and creeks along the Wabash River near Attica, IN. Gary
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom