pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II Ī¼MAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While Iā€™ve been lurking around now and then, I hadnā€™t actually done much detecting lately and decided today was a good day to get out to a place just up the road from me, the abandoned campground. I found my very first silver ring there shortly after getting my first Tesoro. Itā€™s not nearly as find-rich as other spots Iā€™ve frequented, but thereā€™s still stuff there, if youā€™re willing to swing for a while. Took my favorite Bandido II Ī¼MAX with the little 5.75 concentric - and surprised myself by finding a tarnished ring in the first 15 minutes. After about an hour of zincs, a few copper pennies, dimes and a couple nickles, I finally dug a wheatie (ā€˜48D). A few minutes later I dug a Mexican 100Peso thinking I found treasure.. Turns out itā€™s not worth but about .50Ā¢.
After a few more recent pennies, I dug up a kidā€™s ring that looked a bit golden.. Wow! A two ring day, after not detecting for months! Putting my glasses on, I see 925 and 10K on the two rings.
Love my old Tesoros.

Even though we may feel a bit left out by Tesoro having closed up, it doesnā€™t diminish the fact that they made some great detectors over the years - and they still work perfectly well, thank you. BTW - almost missed the little gold ring; had the Bandido disc set at ā€œ4Ā½ā€, which is where itā€™ll hit nickels well but ignore steel bottle caps.. This ring was nearly discā€™d out. Not sure why I dug it but glad I did. It was only ā€˜bout an inch down and had it been deeper, I wouldnā€™t have gotten a diggable signal with disc set there. The silver ring was down ā€˜bout 3ā€ and hit hard.

Attachments

• 99E08BE4-96BA-463F-B8E7-CE54F52CCE99.jpeg
    99E08BE4-96BA-463F-B8E7-CE54F52CCE99.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 72
  • AF463B01-A113-4012-B65B-76DACEDB3D52.jpeg
    AF463B01-A113-4012-B65B-76DACEDB3D52.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 81
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice gold find! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread