What's new

BanditoII umax UPGRADE?

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
2,491
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Can anyone suggest a tesoro upgrade from the banditoII UMAX, Ihave been a tesoro user for 10+ years,, just would like to modernize a little,,,, thanks,, ART
 
Art,

Maybe you didn't have the right detector with the BII? Tell us what your hunting style is and we can do a better job. Joe
 
I mainly hunt coins and jewlry here, I really find a lot of stuff but i think i could be going a little deeper,, just wanted to know what would be the best route to take ,?,,,,art
 
artzstuff1 said:
I mainly hunt coins and jewlry here, I really find a lot of stuff but i think i could be going a little deeper,, just wanted to know what would be the best route to take ,?,,,,art
Do you own many coils for it or just the stock 8" coil. I think the spider 9" coil would be a good addition for mine.
 
artzstuff1 said:
I mainly hunt coins and jewlry here, I really find a lot of stuff but i think i could be going a little deeper,, just wanted to know what would be the best route to take ,?,,,,art

Art,

Well, going by your comments, I suggest you upgrade to a Tesoro Vaquero or Tejon. The Tejon is Tesoro's deepest discriminator but it is also $$. If your short on money the Vaquero will also give you more depth. Don't waste you money on a larger coil for an older detector unless it's a killer deal.
 
Art...that's good advice you got from Joe. I have been using a silver umax for over a year now and just upgraded to a vaquero. I've had it about a month now and love it. It's definitely deeper than the silver and easy and fun to use. Don't forget about the 5.75" coil. If you hunt trashy areas it is a must. You wont go wrong getting the vaq.
Randy
 
I myself wouldn't bother upgrading the bandito II is a great machine.
 
Artz, Skypilot here! Personally, I love my BII Micro Max, that being said, however, the Vaquero is like a BII on steroids! The coils for all Micro Max's are interchangeable, but the Vaquero shares only with the Tejon. I'll use my Vaquero, super tuned, and go so deep I feel confident about not leaving any good things behind! The small coil, though, in my opinion, is a necessity, because the footprint of the large coil is too wide for anything but the cleanest, less mineralized ground!! Just my two cents! Great hunting and good luck!! Hope the V machine is next in your arsenal!! :thumbsup: Regards, Richard
 
skypilot02 said:
Artz, Skypilot here! Personally, I love my BII Micro Max, that being said, however, the Vaquero is like a BII on steroids! The coils for all Micro Max's are interchangeable, but the Vaquero shares only with the Tejon. I'll use my Vaquero, super tuned, and go so deep I feel confident about not leaving any good things behind! The small coil, though, in my opinion, is a necessity, because the footprint of the large coil is too wide for anything but the cleanest, less mineralized ground!! Just my two cents! Great hunting and good luck!! Hope the V machine is next in your arsenal!! :thumbsup: Regards, Richard

I second that! I recently bought the Vaquero "High Tone" as an upgrade from my BII. It's an incredible machine for the money... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
The BII's are great machine's I own one. I saw one on ebay sell the other day for $310 and its how old??? The BII isnt that deep but I guess I used to the cibola, dont know anything you can do to "upgrade" depending where you are hunting, I would get a 10x12 you can get about an extra 1 1.5" to 2" not much but you could be missing it with your stock coil.

Cw
 
cwdigger said:
The BII's are great machine's I own one. I saw one on ebay sell the other day for $310 and its how old??? The BII isnt that deep but I guess I used to the cibola, dont know anything you can do to "upgrade" depending where you are hunting, I would get a 10x12 you can get about an extra 1 1.5" to 2" not much but you could be missing it with your stock coil.

Cw

Cw if it's the one that had rubber booties on the toggles switchs it's the one I won. Naturally after I got it I seen about four for sale for much less. :BangHead: :BangHead:
But it looks new and works great. And I found enough gold detecting with it already to cover the cost so I'm not so remorced about it.
 
Thanks for the great advise guys , souds like a vaq. would be a welcome upgrade, and maybe a smaller coil for the bandito
,, I have a dealer right here in my town maybe i will pay him a visit,,, Thanks agian everyone!!!

art
 
Artz, Glad to help in any way! Please inform us of your evaluations! :thumbsup: Regards, Richard
 
I own the Compadre wich i hear is similir to the bandito II and like it alot.I also hear some good things about the Silver umax.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom