What's new

Bank just called with large dollars...

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stopped into a bank on Saturday and asked for half dollars or large dollars. They had $140 in halves (skunked) and no larges.

The head teller asked if I wanted her to take my number incase something came in.

She called today and said "I just got in 90 large dollars if you want to come get them".

My reply: "I'm on my way".

90 Ikes.... all clad. Oh well... Now she is happy that she don't have to count them and will call me when she gets more.

As I'm leaving she said to me "I'll give you a call if we get any other neat coins". I told her I alsolike customer rolled coins so any time someone brings in rolled coin give me a call. She said ABSOLUTELY!

Now the question is... What to do with them.

I remember someone here saying they wanted to buy some Ikes. Make me an offer and maybe we can work something out.

Don't worry I'll gladly let you call my house and I'll also give you other means of verifying who I am.
 
Upvote 0
90 ikes, nice. I've only gotten 163 ikes from banks and 2 peace dollars (usually 1-5 IKES at a time) over the past 5 years. The bank that I got peace dollars from also had 4 solid rolls of 1969-d kennedy halves ???

Times are tough, people cash in all kinds of coins to banks!
If the bank tellers don't know anything about silver coins, it's your benefit

I havent gotten any silver from the bank that once gave me 80 silver-clad half dollars and 2 peace dollars for $42...

13.37888 oz of silver for $42? NOT BAD! :laughing7:
 
Funny, I went looking for halves this morning after work and the teller brought out out 5 huge rolls and said here you go $100. All ikes. All were clad. Now just gotta figure out if the 72's are high or low relief. :icon_scratch: Never came across ikes before so this is a new one for me.
 
At least you have a good friend hopefully at the local bank. That could be invalueable in the future :icon_sunny:
 
Yes, take them and then try to sell them on CL for a premium! I've found 2 - Morgans and 2 - 40% Ikes in the wild by always asking for halves and big dollars...keep at it, one of these days you'll hit it big!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
I sold 10 to one of the tellers at one of the banks I get my boxes from for $1 each (gotta keep her happy).

A guy I work with offered me $60 for 40 of them. Can't say no to that.

I have 40 left. Anyone want to trade me an oz of silver for them?
 
Ikes are gone, but I got 16 more today lol.

Now I just need to find some morgans and I'll be a happy guy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom