What's new

Bank says it can order me $2000 of Eisenhower dollars

ringding

Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
692
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I was at the bank Friday and I asked the commercial teller if they can order me Eisenhower dollar coins and if there was a charge for doing it. She brings some other lady over and they say that they can, but I have to order $2000 at a time. No charge. I want to do this, but the problem is where do I come up with 2 grand?

About a year ago they had a $1000 bag of the dollar coins in their vault and I bought it from them and I found a silver Peace dollar in the bag. So I know that that is a possibility.
 
Upvote 0
Order it to coincide with payday- of course then you will be stuck paying your bills with Ikes but maybe you will find some more silver. HH Mark
 
I got 2 g's. Order it, I'll pick it up and if I find any silver I'll give it to you ..........LOL
 
Do you know anybody that you can spilt it with or sell them to after you look through them? I paid $1.10 for a few a while back when I was buying some silver from a lady. I usually can get $1.25 to $1.50 each for common date Ikes.
 
sneak said:
Do you know anybody that you can spilt it with or sell them to after you look through them? I paid $1.10 for a few a while back when I was buying some silver from a lady. I usually can get $1.25 to $1.50 each for common date Ikes.

Hey Sneak,

Where do you sale ikes for 1.25-1.50? Ive Got 700 or so to unload.

Sweet deal ringding Ive Asked tons of banks to order for me no luck.
one bank ordered me 6k in the new dollars instead of ikes :( I still searched them for errors no luck :(

Happy Hunting,
CC
 
coincollector101 said:
sneak said:
Do you know anybody that you can spilt it with or sell them to after you look through them? I paid $1.10 for a few a while back when I was buying some silver from a lady. I usually can get $1.25 to $1.50 each for common date Ikes.

Hey Sneak,

Where do you sale ikes for 1.25-1.50? Ive Got 700 or so to unload.

Sweet deal ringding Ive Asked tons of banks to order for me no luck.
one bank ordered me 6k in the new dollars instead of ikes :( I still searched them for errors no luck :(

Happy Hunting,
CC

I am in a local coin club and we have an auction there each month and usually someone there will buy them. Also, I once sold some for $1.50 to a local auction company that gives them away at their auctions. He said it was cheaper than getting $2 bills at the bank and people seem to like getting them. I have never tried ebay (for Ikes) but they do pretty good over there sometimes. I think it helps to offer at least 100 at a time with a good mix of dates and mint marks. Good luck!

Oh, BTW, I stopped at a local bank this past week to get some halves and one of the tellers said "I had some silver dollars but I already gave them to another customer." :o I assume she meant Ikes, but you never know! I guess that is part of the reason I like this hobby.
 
sneak said:
"I had some silver dollars but I already gave them to another customer." :o I assume she meant Ikes, but you never know! I guess that is part of the reason I like this hobby.
Probably non-silver. I've had a few tellers tell me that. I buy them but they are usually clad. It's always worth checking out.
 
well I ordered them and they said that they should be in next thursday. Problem is, if my car breaks down or I have some financial emergency, all my money is going to be tied up in those coins.
 
Good luck! You should only have your mony tied up for a couple of days. Looking forward to a report!
 
ringding said:
well I ordered them and they said that they should be in next thursday. Problem is, if my car breaks down or I have some financial emergency, all my money is going to be tied up in those coins.

No guts, no glory, UR my new hero. I am going to have to talk to my tellers on Tuesday and see if they can do the same thing for me. I am looking forward to seeing your results, I have my fingers crossed for you. Good luck...Ryan
 
I just had a teller tell me the same thing about Eisenhowers. She said, "but you have to order $500 at a time." Like that was going to discourage me. I told her I would take two. ;D They are supposed to be in on the 20th so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Hoose
 
I pick it up Friday. I can't wait, but I know that there is the possibility that I can go there and they might say that they didn't come in.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom