What's new

bank teller got me thinking... so post your opinion

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
1,512
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
bank teller said finding 5 coins in 4 boxes, what is the point of continuing then?

How much coins realistically speaking is enough per box to keep going?
I came up with 1x 90% per box or 3x 40%, I am not looking to get rich, but am not looking to waste my time either. so post your 2 cents :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
"I can remember when checking accounts paid over %5."

And they will again some day. And a loaf of bread will be $10. A gallon of milk $15 and a gallon of gas $10.
 
dp2013 said:
"I can remember when checking accounts paid over %5."

And they will again some day. And a loaf of bread will be $10. A gallon of milk $15 and a gallon of gas $10.

I do not think so, my bet is that they will soon be charging US all to even have an account with them; and when we go to the cashless system (soon) we will all be forced to become paying customers of Banks or starve to death!
 
obediah said:
dave5710 said:
The way I look at it is this. The one grand I use for CRH would be sitting in a savings account, drawing 1% interest, $10. If I can find one coin every day, that is worth $1 over face value, at the end of the year, I would have an extra $365. Right now I am about 20 coins ahead of that pace, and some of those coins are over $5 above face value. I have no fees with my CRHing, and I only made 3 special trips out of town for this hobby. One of which I took by detector with me. I feel that the extra expense of my road trips and driving across town to an extra bank or two, once a week is minimal. JMO.

Last year this hobby earned me the equivalent of all my gasoline and my cable bills.
I'd like to find a Bank that pays that much, %1 interest, mine pays %0.17 which on $1K in a savings account would pay $1.70, compounded interest it might be as much as 1.76 which makes me wonder why anyone who can add- think would put money in a Bank(?). If it payed %1 it would be paying you $10 annually. I can remember when checking accounts paid over %5.

Obe,
A number of online banks pay just over 1% on deposits with no limits. ING Direct, Emigrant Online bank, ect.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom